Reppin
NULL

10644070_264610277081798_792077669_a.jpg

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WE ready for that one. Its been 12 years and a couple of close calls for that Lost Tapes 2. Sony was going to release another one after God's Son and of course the Def Jam fiasco. WE ready!

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stay Tuned: The Next Installment of "The Lost Tapes!"

WE ready for that one. Its been 12 years and a couple of close calls for that Lost Tapes 2. Sony was going to release another one after God's Son and of course the Def Jam fiasco. WE ready!

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lost Tapes 2 coming soon or the album? I need some new music haha

A real tribute to the strength of Nas' the Lost Tapes is that out of the 12 tracks, 9 of them had been leaked. Of the 9, 1 of them was remixed. Also of the 9, 1 of them was leaked as a faster version. There were three previously unheard tracks (possibly heard but not a widespread leak) but the album still drew critical acclaim.

The question is can it be topped? Maybe not but who cares? There are nearly 100 unreleased Nas tracks out there that are full length tracks with no features. THere is no doubt that several will make it on to Nas's Lost Tapes 2. THe prize will be the unreleased tracks that will make it onto the final track list. THere are many known still unreleased (sony era) tracks like:

Crabs in a Barrell
Get Up
I am Somebody (take Puffy out of the hook lol)

There are also top quality snippets like:

Curse
My Will
Stay Schemin
Life Is Like a Dice Game

I expect to be very surprised since Nas has full autonomy with this project. I can't wait!

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A real tribute to the strength of Nas' the Lost Tapes is that out of the 12 tracks, 9 of them had been leaked. Of the 9, 1 of them was remixed. Also of the 9, 1 of them was leaked as a faster version. There were three previously unheard tracks (possibly heard but not a widespread leak) but the album still drew critical acclaim.

The question is can it be topped? Maybe not but who cares? There are nearly 100 unreleased Nas tracks out there that are full length tracks with no features. THere is no doubt that several will make it on to Nas's Lost Tapes 2. THe prize will be the unreleased tracks that will make it onto the final track list. THere are many known still unreleased (sony era) tracks like:

Crabs in a Barrell
Get Up
I am Somebody (take Puffy out of the hook lol)

There are also top quality snippets like:

Curse
My Will
Stay Schemin
Life Is Like a Dice Game

I expect to be very surprised since Nas has full autonomy with this project. I can't wait!

There's no telling how many unreleased songs are from the Sony era. I remember reading somewhere that there were ads for It Was Written that listed Method Man and D'angelo as features. We know that neither of them are on the album, but he might have songs with them. There's several records from the God's Son era that Nas took off the album ("F Hot", the original "Hey Nas", "Curtains", and the ones you listed). There's music from Street's Disciple that didn't get a release either like
What's crazy is that there's songs from the Hip Hop Is Dead era that Nas claimed was better than what was on that album. One of those songs was "The World Is A Ghetto" which was produced by Will.I.Am. He claimed that there were other Will.I.Am records that he did, but some of them went to other artists.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I knew I remembered that article from somewhere. I don't know how many of you all remember Fletch's Nas blog called Rebel To America, but there was a wealth of Nas information there. it had a pretty detailed article of unreleased Nas songs including a song from It Was Written featuring Method Man and D'angelo (that may or may not have been recorded). Here's the link to the article:

http://escobartheory.blogspot.com/2006/08/in-vaults.html

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, I loved this blog. It was pretty good. I am sure it only scratched the surface though of what really exists in the vaults. Fletch needs to re-emerge for this topic.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nas’ Time Is Illmatic documentary film is set for a nationwide big screen release for one night only on Oct. 2, and today Hennessy dropped an exclusive four-minute trailer focusing on the making of the film. The doc premiered at the TriBeCa Film Festival ahead of the 20th anniversary of Esco’s iconic debut this past April, and Hennessy sat down with producer Erik Parker and director One9 to get the inside scoop on how the film came together.

Catch the trailer above, and check out the film when it makes its national debut next week. You can also catch it On Demand starting Oct. 3 and pre-order the film on iTunes right now. For more details, check here.