Official Nas Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
My biggest confusion is what Def Jam is going to do with their left over Nas material. I wonder if that material is being considered for Lost Tapes 2 release. I know he is done with that project. It was in the can years ago. I just can't see Def Jam giving him the go ahead now and so easily when they didn't give it back when Nas wanted it to drop. Nas should go ahead and leak all them shyts CDQ No DJ.

Swizzi shyt is plain terrible. THe only shyt he ever did that is, to me, tolerable is the unreleased Nas track "Top Down". Other than that, his shyt is horrid.

I also like the General though, but that might be cause it was kind of ringing the freshman year of college when it dropped on all the mixtapes.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The General track to me was brutal. Nas was on point as always but the track was pretty bad.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I have to be honest, when "The General" was the main song being pushed before "STILLmatic" dropped as it was the song you heard when you logged on to the old NaS site, people were saying it was going to be "NaStradamus 2". But looking back it wasn't that bad of the song but it wasn't great either. This is my Fav NaS and Swizz song:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I have to be honest, when "The General" was the main song being pushed before "STILLmatic" dropped as it was the song you heard when you logged on to the old NaS site, people were saying it was going to be "NaStradamus 2". But looking back it wasn't that bad of the song but it wasn't great either. This is my Fav NaS and Swizz song:

this is my fav. swiss // nas song

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Top Down Track was nice. I hope that its someday released by Def Jam. I hated Swizz on the hook of Summer on smash. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't mind the song.

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
What do actor Jared Leto and rappers Snoop Dogg and Nas have in common? Besides signature looks and big bank accounts, they are co-investors in Robinhood, a new app that aims to make trading stocks simple and free.
At the moment, average Joes who want to invest go online or call someone at a brokerage such as E*Trade (ETFC) or Charles Schwab (SCHW). Those companies typically charge $7 to $10 fees per trade.

Robinhood wants to eliminate those commissions and make trading as easy as ordering a car on Uber or Lyft.

"The reason why other brokers charge between $7 and $10 a trade isn't because it costs that much to execute a trade. That $7 to $10 is going toward marketing budgets and brick and mortar locations," says Vladimir Tenev, co-founder of Robinhood.

So far, the app is hitting a lot of bull's-eyes. Half a million people are currently on the wait list to download the app when it comes out of the testing phase, likely in early 2015, the company says. Customers who use the app also will not have to hold any minimum amount in their accounts.

Related: Why are so many people excited about Robinhood?

Robinhood announced $13 million in additional seed funding on Tuesday. Investors in the latest round of financing include Index Ventures, which backs many Silicon Valley startups; Howard Lindzon, one of the founders of Stocktwits; and the three mega celebrities, among others.

"What [Snoop Dogg and Nas] got most excited about is our customers are the people who listen to their music," Robinhood co-founder Baiju Prafulkumar Bhatt told CNNMoney. Bhatt noted the stars have been helpful advisers since they are also business owners.

Tenev and Bhatt were roommates at Stanford University who then went to work on Wall Street building high-frequency trading (HFT) platforms for financial institutions. Now in their late 20s, they are back on the West Coast trying to bring the Silicon Valley sensibility to the stock market.

The goal of their app is to appeal to the mass market. As CNNMoney has reported before, only 14% of Americans own and trade individual stocks -- that's less than half the number of people who have a cat.

"The ability to participate in the stock market is a huge privilege that we as Americans have," Bhatt said. "Getting it more accessible to large audiences is a huge opportunity.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/23/investing/jared-leto-snoop-dogg-nas-robinhood-trading-app/

Raising Money To Move Money To Earn Money
In December 2013, Robinhood raised $3 million from Index and Andreessen Horowitz. Today’s Series A round joined by financial tech fund Ribbit Capital, StockTwits’ Howard Lindzon, Path founder Dave Morin’s Slow Ventures, Box’s Aaron Levie, Snoop Dogg, Jared Leto, and Nas of Queensbridge Venture Partners brings Robinhood to $16 million in funding. Bhatt tells me “it’s important that Robinhood as a company is very well capitalized and that we have the backing of world-class venture capital firms that will stand behind the product” so that users know the company won’t suddenly fold. “Financial institutions have communicated their trustworthiness by having their name etched in some marble building on Wall Street,” says Bhatt. “But that just doesn’t resonate with people any more.”

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/23/robinhood-stock-app/