Official Nas Thread

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anybody want to guess how many songs Nas got in the vaults :lupe:

dont matter the era the songs come from imo to me. Although I remember reading Nas had records with Marley Marl/ Dr. Dre so of course that would be incredible

no disrespect to Nas, :whoa: but them songs sitting there aint doing nobody any good :dead: he need to come off those records

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the old rule of thumb for the original lost tapes was no hype, no BS and no features. Any features would cost the label. I believe it's the same with samples, unless Sony has already gotten them cleared which could be the case for some.

I just hope Nas keeps the artwork and font consistent with the first lost Tapes and his other albums.

I'm just curious to know now if we will get the new album before the lost Tapes 2.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the Japanese fans

Bv9Y7x9CQAAkg6L.png:medium

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
I need some AZ music

is doe or die 2 ever droppin :feedme:

that song is so dope ... im sorry az but thats the worst video Ive ever seen

AZ in the library looking at books and shyt and that corny meeting with the white dude :laff:

that godlike flow though :wow: he still got it :ohlawd:

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People in Brooklyn can catch the movie today at BAM. It might be sold out, but there could be cancellations.

http://www.bam.org/film/2014/time-is-illmatic

Nas: Time is Illmatic

timeisillmatic613x463.jpg

Fri, Sep 19, 2014
  • 10PM

BAM Rose Cinemas
RUN TIME: 74min
FORMAT: DCP
GENERAL ADMISSION: $14
CINEMA CLUB MEMBERS: $9 (Movie Moguls free)
STUDENTS/SENIORS: $10 (Students 29 and under with a valid ID, Mon—Thu)

+ Intro by director One9 and writer/producer Erik Parker

Part of BAMcinématek series The SOURCE360

Directed by One9 | 2014
"This brisk, stylish and extremely heartfelt portrait of Nas ably stands on its own, marked by an admirable focus on the man and his music rather than hype and hagiography."
—Scott Foundas, Variety
This vivid documentary portrait of rap visionary Nas chronicles his childhood in the Queensbridge housing projects, the rap battles and rivalries of the New York City hip-hop scene, and the obstacles the trailblazing MC overcame to record his landmark 1994 album Illmatic (one of only a handful of records to receive a perfect “five mics” rating from The Source). Expertly directed by multimedia artist One9, Time is Illmatic forgoes hyped-up mythologizing for an authentic record of a seminal time and plac

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Bit concerned the Mass Appeal compilation aint getting released.
Least we got Bishop's album tho

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Illmatic was the shyt but will it forever prevent other works of art by Nas' from getting classic status or re-release treatment? With the exception of the Lost Tapes, which is my favorite Nas project, his other great albums are albums are not getting their due as far as classic status or release treatment. Among others, It Was Written and Stillmatic are worthy of it and Life Is Good will be in a few years.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a good start for the label. Don't give a release if you're not sure it's going to happen.
Not sure what the delay is but this compilation will come out. I'd rather now than later but it will. Nas' team is good and have been making all the right moves as of late.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure what the delay is but this compilation will come out. I'd rather now than later but it will. Nas' team is good and have been making all the right moves as of late.

I never said it wasn't going to come out. But this delay isn't a good start for the label.