Official Nas Thread

V2V

Rookie
Daps
So yesterday I went to the premiere of the movie/documentary "Time is illmatic" in paris, it was an europe exclusive premiere, the guys in that hip hop festival did great, they said they took the opportunity only two weeks ago, grab the movie and worked day and night just to make the subtitles in french just for the occasion. It was great. I thought it would be just the movie but prior to that there was a conference with Sohail Daulatzai who came to present and being interviewed for the french edition of the book "born to use mics". There was also the first guy who got the nasir jones hip hop fellowship and two of french best rappers also
Finally they displayed the movie with the presence of one9 and erik parker (they were really cool dudes, I got to discuss and take pictures with them).

About the movie it was awesome, I already knew nas story but to see this in theater and heard illmatic songs like that was another experience, as a fan I was amazed. I'm dying to see it again, hope it ill be back in theater again. I asked them after the movie if they were some other footage they said they filmed a lot of stuff about olu dara background in natchez and they will release some unrealeased stuff. And also eric parker told me there was cameras during the nso performance so they probably gonna sell it. I got to discuss with other nas fans after (they did a mini party) it was refreshing to talk with fellows nas stans :ahh:. Tomorow I'm going to nas concert, I mean what a week

Bonjour cher compatriote;

En te lisant je viens de réaliser que je suis passé à côté de l'avant-première du film; d'ailleurs je me demande comment toi et les nombreuses autres personnes qui faisaient partie de l'assistance - j'ai vu les photos - ont su pour la projection. A mes yeux ils n'ont pas assez communiqué. J'suis d'autant plus dégoûté que je ne suis pas certain que le film sortira en France sur grand écran au mois d'octobre prochain et que je prévois pas de trip aux US à cette période.En tout cas merci pour ton petit compte-rendu. Pendant que j'y suis qui étaient les deux fameux artistes Français qui étaient présents dans la salle?

Nas takes his "illmatic XX" tour to Paris, France today and i will definitely be in that Zenith venue. Matter fact i am gearing up with illmatic on heavy rotation and can't wait to see mister "Blood of a Slave, Heart of a King" on stage for the first time in YEARS. I guess i am a take some extra cash wit' me to grab one of those XX anniversary tees, celebrate the event and rep' my long-time favourite emcee to the fullest.

Wonder if he will play those illmatic songs with the forty piece Orchestra like he did in Radio City Music Hall and whether he will perform a few other gems of his post-illmatic catalogue or not once done with his rookie's effort. Long story short can't wait for the show to start.

37c80e73a0f147659b468d319e15f158.jpg

Nas' rap is food for the thought so "bon appétit" to Alexander Wiggin and all my fellow Paris concert-goers!!!

Last edited:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Bonjour cher compatriote;

En te lisant je viens de réaliser que je suis passé à côté de l'avant-première du film; d'ailleurs je me demande comment toi et les nombreuses autres personnes qui faisaient partie de l'assistance - j'ai vu les photos - ont su pour la projection. A mes yeux ils n'ont pas assez communiqué. J'suis d'autant plus dégoûté que je ne suis pas certain que le film sortira en France sur grand écran au mois d'octobre prochain et que je prévois pas de trip aux US à cette période.En tout cas merci pour ton petit compte-rendu. Pendant que j'y suis qui étaient les deux fameux artistes Français qui étaient présents dans la salle?

Nas takes his "illmatic XX" tour to Paris, France today and i will definitely be in that Zenith venue. Matter fact i am gearing up with illmatic on heavy rotation and can't wait to see mister "Blood of a Slave, Heart of a King" on stage for the first time in YEARS. I guess i am a take some extra cash wit' me to grab one of those XX anniversary tees, celebrate the event and rep' my long-time favourite emcee to the fullest.

Wonder if he will play those illmatic with the forty piece Orchestra like he did in Radio City Music Hall and whether he will perform a few other gems of his post-illmatic catalogue once done with his rookie's effort. Long story short can't wait for the show to start.

37c80e73a0f147659b468d319e15f158.jpg

Nas' rap is food for the thought so "bon appétit" to Alexander Wiggin and all my fellow Paris concert-goers!!!

bah t'as raison, la comm a ete tres breve. J'l'ai su totalement par hasard le week end juste avant en tapant time is illmatic, comme j'ai pas pu prendre un congé car j'etais de l'apres midi au taf, j'ai du demander une faveur a mon patron pour partir plus tot. et c'est en partant et en regradant a nouveau sur internet le tarif pour la sceance que j'ai vu qu'il y avait une conference sur le bouquin 2h avant donc autant dire que tout a ete fait a la derniere minute. Malgré ca y'a eu du monde (bcp de jeunes journalistes d'ailleurs) et les mecs qui ont organisé ca on eux meme dit qu'il ontpreparés tout ca juste deux semaines avant, c'est peut etre pour ca qu'on en a pas trop parlé dans les medias.
Sinon les deux rappeurs fr c'etait lino et hamé de la rumeur qui sortait la version francaise de "born to use mics" via sa maison d'edition. j'ai vu olivier cachin aussi.

d'ailleurs je vais au concert aussi lol

excuse us for the french interlude :lolbron:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone involved(including Nas) has stated he'll drop this year. Probably Winter. It'll happen because Nas has his venture with Mass Appeal on deck and needs to be free so he can drop Lost tapes 2

Good! I hope its another very strong album and not a get me over until I finish my contract project. I don't think Nas would do that.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Nas backstage in Paris with Cedric the Entertainer, Shyne, Grant Hill and Tamia

1zf22vk.jpg

143gr3l.jpg

5not1c.jpg

1znx748.jpg

did they discuss nas' line about not liking what puffy did to him ? :lolbron:

well I was at concert, nas was going ham, he did illmatic but not one time 4 your mind tho. Got ur self a gun is monstrous live, he also did a bit of stillmatic intro that was dope. But I wish he did the don, nasty or queens story cause he did locomotive and accident murderer, that last track is so so live

here's an excerpt

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Damn German and French Hip Hop crowds are unfukkwitable. :wow:

I put em up there with Detroit as the most livest crowds in the world

Shout out to Toronto, London and Cali too though, they up there too

H.S.

All Star
Daps

lol.. Nas been shading Rakim for the last few years and I dont eeen blame him after Ra switched up on his view UBR tribute

lol They always seemed to have a standoff-ish relationship for whatever reason. Ra never really seemed to embrace Nas like the way G Rap does. Ra just seems kind of standoff-ish in general though.

Does Nas have some kind of business relationship with Eric B or something? Eric was randomly at Nas' Kennedy Center show in D.C. this year, and he went out his way to shout him out on Life Is Good and Twitter.