Official Nas Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Honest i was a little salty to.. But Rakim looks at things different then from us. He like's his mystique so he may not have fully appreciated it at the time... but I bet when ni99as would approach him on the street bigging him up he appreciated it. Remember Rakim is a fukking genius he isn't going to appreciate things the way us mortals would... it's the GOD. he may have felt Nas overstepped his boundaries and made a song tht should hae Been RAKIM's to write. how would nas feel if lupe wrote songs about jay-z fukking carmen and nas losing fades in queensbridge in his autiobiography? Feel me? It's different when its about you.. plus Nas should have had a better beat for that track.

what? lol it wasnt a negative song. Everything he said is on WIKI. Rakim has an ego. point blank.. period

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't think it's hard to see why anyone wouldn't want an "autobiography" song about them. Has little to do with ego and moreso with privacy; even though Nas didn't say anything "private" you can surely understand why someone wouldn't want to be the muse of another person's song. Most artists don't even like doing interviews, so it's not surprising why something like this could rub one wrong. Rakim is a god MC so I'm not going to talk shyt about him. And I've heard him say good things about Nas.

But Nas' Eric B comment seems weird considering Eric B didn't produce anything for Rakim...

Rakim didn't diss Nas when they first met but he did blow him off. But sadly that's what most major rappers and rock artists do when they meet a new artist. Even in pop with Madonna and her "feud" with Lady Gaga. The older generation is always wondering who is gonna take their spot, or so gassed up that they don't really care about new shyt. Which is understandable. If you're Rakim and you're pretty much THE defacto best MC in the world in 1989/1990, how would you respond if someone said "hey here's my homie from my x, he raps!"
:what:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Rakim is a rap God, but he was just being an a$$hole about the UBR thing. I'm not sure how else you could try to portray it. Imagine Jay or Nas talking greasy about "Big Brother" or "Let Nas Down," which actually contain blatent backhanded compliments. There's nothing even remotely disrespectful about UBR.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The thing is that Rakim was a little snaky about the situation. In that MTV 2005 interview he gave Nas all kinds of props, talking about doing a track with him, talking about he was honored by UBR and then a few years later he's feeling aggy about it. Ra and Nas probably don't have the relationship that we'd all imagine they'd have. Their both individuals who are natural loaners and move to the beat of their own drum.

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They trying to slander the gods name.

http://Mediafakeout.com/249866/mto-...he-skrip-club-pics-of-her-at-her-old-job.html

He just having fun out here.

rickrossdrink.gif

Just don't wife her nikka:ufdup:

Daps
Ra didn't like UBR only because Nas mentioned his children's names. Ra is very private about stuff and I can see why he doesn't want his kids names out there like that.