Official Nas Thread

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol They always seemed to have a standoff-ish relationship for whatever reason. Ra never really seemed to embrace Nas like the way G Rap does. Ra just seems kind of standoff-ish in general though.

Does Nas have some kind of business relationship with Eric B or something? Eric was randomly at Nas' Kennedy Center show in D.C. this year, and he went out his way to shout him out on Life Is Good and Twitter.

He was also at the Tribeca showing. Eric B and Rakims relationship ain't as tight as people think it is(shady business dealings). I think Nas being friends with Eric B has something to do with that sandoff relationship and also being that young mc being compared to him..

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas always put over those before him. check songs like Honey Moon is Over, Streets Disciple, etc

I always think back to that MTV interview Nas, and Rakim did with Shahiem Reid. They were bonding, giving props, mutual respect. Rakim then later had the video talking about UBR lol

dont forgrt this

All in all, I think they have a good relationship:yeshrug:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rakim, followed by Scarface, are the most influential rappers to me. It's seems like this can be also said by Nas, however, it seems clear that there is some resentment on Rakim's behalf. Nas, now, seems to recognize this and refrains from holding Rakim down.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Rakim probably doesn't appreciate getting bodied by Esco on all collaborations they ever did and just has competitive emcee bitterness towards Nasty NaS unfortunately The god is still the GOD let tehm be competitive and throw jabs at each other.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DX: While I’m asking about Nas, I gotta ask about your revelation during his recent Behind The Music episode that Nas and Rakim actually spoke back in ‘89/’90 when you snuck Nas in on Ra’s studio time, and that Ra actually gave Nas the thumbs up on what he was doing. I never knew that happened; I never knew they had even spoken. But I just wanted to know, truthfully, wasn’t Ra actually a little aggy about that whole situation, that these younger cats were taking his time to do their thing?

Large Professor: Nah, Rakim wasn’t aggravated at all. Rakim was on his own thought process, like his own thought track.

I mean, because we were divvying up a lot of time between [Rakim and Kool G Rap]. G Rap was working on his joint, [Wanted: Dead or Alive]. Eric B just had the studio booked. The studio was just booked. And, at that time, he was executive producing G. Rap’s album, he was executive producing his own album [with Rakim, Let The Rhythm Hit ‘Em]. And, sometimes G. Rap took like a big break in between [his recordings] and so [Eric] was like, “Yo Paul, do some beats or do whatever you want, but I need something to come out of every session.” And so I was like, “Yo, I got my man down the block in Queensbridge, he rhymes.” “Alright, Paul, get him in the studio, man. Let’s just make sure every session counts.”

And so when Rakim came in it was like, “Yo Ra, check this out.” And he really listened to it and was like, “Yeah, alright, no doubt baby pa.” You know, that kind of thing. And, the only thing with me is that I really wish brothers would have had they real mogul hat on, where it’s like, “Alright, yo, let me hear something else.” Or like, “Yo, who is that?” He kinda was just like, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that’s alright, now let me get to work.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
I know RaKim is a legend, and inspired my GOAT. But I never viewed him in the same way again, after he felt some type of way about U.B.R:wtb::stopitslime::flabbynsick::camby:

Honest i was a little salty to.. But Rakim looks at things different then from us. He like's his mystique so he may not have fully appreciated it at the time... but I bet when ni99as would approach him on the street bigging him up he appreciated it. Remember Rakim is a fukking genius he isn't going to appreciate things the way us mortals would... it's the GOD. he may have felt Nas overstepped his boundaries and made a song tht should hae Been RAKIM's to write. how would nas feel if lupe wrote songs about jay-z fukking carmen and nas losing fades in queensbridge in his autiobiography? Feel me? It's different when its about you.. plus Nas should have had a better beat for that track.