Official Nas Thread

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you remember last year when Nas decided to do a quick paycheque cameo on this Australian rap group's album?
Of course you dont
Anyway they made a video and Nas showed up in it

Video: Bliss and Esso featuring Nas-I am Somebody

Im not mad at it :yeshrug:though its some Fort Minor white boy festival type shyt but hey I actually think Nas can sorta do the double time flow, some would disagree

Arghh fukk, tthought this would have something to do with the real I am Somebody track that he did with Diddy for Streets Disciple but never dropped.. Guess we'll never hear the full version..

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since Nas and his team are calling the shots now for his label and they have a partnership with Sony, I wonder if he will pay to get some of the samples cleared from his unreleased library. Tracks like High, Rise and Fall, Among Kings, Seeds of Heaven, Understanding, Death Anniversary and Foul Breeze should be seriously considered for release.

Tracks like Crabs in a Barrel, I am Somebody and Get Up may also contain samples.
Yo I was wondering the same thing.. Didn'tknow tthere was a partnership with Sony the, that's great fukking news!!!

I'd add White Man's Paper from HHID but that's on Def Jam.. Really wanna hear thatjoint tho

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
think its asking too much for me to expect Lost Tapes 2 to be brand new unheard tracks from the vault ?

how much of the first Lost Tapes were heard by the public before release?

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo I was wondering the same thing.. Didn'tknow tthere was a partnership with Sony the, that's great fukking news!!!

I'd add White Man's Paper from HHID but that's on Def Jam.. Really wanna hear thatjoint tho

Apparently, Sony is to distribute for Nas's Mass Appeal label. I believe that this partnership will allow Nas access to his vaults ( I would've negotiated this term is I was him). With that being said, Nas should have full autonomy of his vaults and even with tracks that need sample clearance since it will be his label that will be footing the bill but reaping the most benefit from it. Not sure if any Def Jam tracks will appear, seeing how Def Jam owns Nas's master's from his stint there and they could easily put out their own, with minimal cost too. I can't wait for more news on the relelase

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will there be a new Nas album this year?
Will the Lost Tapes II come out this year?

This is all I want to know.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
That Illmatic doc must be more than a regular music doc. It's getting quite a bit of buzz and this distribution thing...hmmm.