Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always thought that Nothing Last Forever, My Way, Purple were the three songs that had not been leaked off of the Lost Tapes. I has all the known unreleased Nas leak mps3's then and I only knew of My Way but had not heard of it. Also, a proper pitched version of U Gotta Love it was new to the Lost Tapes album.

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
I wasn't really on the internet or bootlegging stuff on canal st back then. I never heard any track on Lost Tapes before it came out. Didn't even really know I Am... was bootlegged like that.

I wanted some high energy nas on lost tapes when it came out at the time and was a bit disappointed on the first listen. But after a second or third listen it clicked and I went on to listen to it for like a year straight every day. It's probably my favorite nas project. I was a huge nas fan before but that's what cinched it. It truly is some of the best hip hop ever recorded. Smart without being corny, street without being cartoonish. Just the perfect balance. After that I found all his other unreleased stuff online and made my own lost tapes 2 and 3.

I gave up on an official LT2 years ago after so many let downs. If it comes out I'm gonna be so happy even though it will never be like that again. I just remember putting LT on every summer morning going to the train. Hearing the open notes to Doo Rags still takes me back to that time.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“It’s coming… LOST TAPES VOLUME TWO!!!”

do recall several LT2 let downs.

LT2 was supposed to drop from Sony in 2003 but it was cancelled.
For The Record: Quick News On Nas, DMX And Eve, ‘The Bachelor,’ Foo Fighters, Phantom Planet & More - MTV

After the critical success of the LT, Nas began to talk about his unreleased music more and more.
Nas Says "Lost Tapes" Volumes 2 & 3 Is Possible | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

Then, there was 2011 with Def Jam where NaS openly tweeted and openly promoted it's classic status and really pushed for volume 2. However, it didn't pan out and he was pissed (we all know about the leaked email).
XXcLusive: Nas’s Scathing Email to Def Jam Confirmed - XXL

After seeing what happened when Lupe fans started a petition, Nas fans did one for the LT2 but it fell on deaf ears.
Nas Fans Create Online Petition For Def Jam To Release "Lost Tapes 2" | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX
http://www.petitiononline.com/naswon/petition.html
Andrew Chen - PETITION TO RELEASE LOST TAPES 2!!!... | Facebook

In several interviews, during the years following the Def Jam LT2 incident, interviewers and fans began to ask about it more and more. Nas wouldn't give away much.

Now here we are again.

Last edited:

Van Glorious

LB4LIFE
Daps
Reppin
South Jamaica Queens, NY
Random Sh*t............I was watching an episode of "Married With Children" and peeped an "Illmatic" poster on the back of Bud Bundy's door....:ahh:

swe68x.png

21brg49.jpg

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So who still thinks NaS is going to drop a surprise album before the end of the year? He has been full of surprises this far. With this being his last Def Jam effort, do you think he will go out with a bang?