Official Nas Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Nas will be featured on Jennifer Lopez's album dropping June 17 on a track called Troubleaux

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
So you remember last year when Nas decided to do a quick paycheque cameo on this Australian rap group's album?
Of course you dont
Anyway they made a video and Nas showed up in it

Video: Bliss and Esso featuring Nas-I am Somebody

Im not mad at it :yeshrug:though its some Fort Minor white boy festival type shyt but hey I actually think Nas can sorta do the double time flow, some would disagree

So many gifs in here :mjlol:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im mixed about this. Happy yet nervous he is doing the business thing right. Im sad because I dont know if him no longer being on a major means we'll see him get exposure and sales but at the same time he getting to cake.

:to: I'm genuinely rooting Nasir out here
No disrespect to major labels but EVERYTHING Nas has accomplished in the past 7 years of being on Def Jam has to do with His legendary/veteran status and management team. Besides his label will be connected with Sony. Nas has branded himself for over 20 years and IS VERY WELL CONNECTED & RESPECTED! Just being Nasir Jones is all the exposer he needs. Don't be nervous be be happy that Nas is in such a GREAT PLACE in his career to make such a major move.

Last edited:

Bickin Back Being Bool

The Devil My Opp
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto, Kanada
damn 700 pages and still going strong :wow:

cmon hov stans where is your thread?

only hov threads Im seeing is 100 pages Solange shyt and the Bey and bron thread :mjlol:

Hov don't need a thread to remind people what he's doin, becuz everything he does is news

he goes to cuba, its news

he rocks a new chain, its news

he drops a new freestyle, and cnn talks about it

he don't need a thread from the coli to know what he's up to :mjlol:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey Life is Good? Can you tell us if the lost tapes 2 will be unreleased Sony tracks, Def Jam tracks or both.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No disrespect to major labels but EVERYTHING Nas has accomplished in the past 7 years of being on Def Jam has to do with His legendary/veteran status and management team. Besides his label will be connected with Sony. Nas has branded himself for over 20 years and IS VERY WELL CONNECTED & RESPECTED! Just being Nasir Jones is all the exposer he needs. Don't be nervous be be happy that Nas is in such a GREAT PLACE in his career to make such a major move.

I agree be happy for Nas he deserves all the praise and respect. Hey life is good, can we expect a nas solo album before the lost tapes this year?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So basically, it's extremely possible that Nas's new album AND Lost Tapes 2 will drop this year. I guess that's why Nas was so adamant about wanting to get it (the new album) finished and why Salaam said he'd definitely be droppin' a new album this year.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since Nas and his team are calling the shots now for his label and they have a partnership with Sony, I wonder if he will pay to get some of the samples cleared from his unreleased library. Tracks like High, Rise and Fall, Among Kings, Seeds of Heaven, Understanding, Death Anniversary and Foul Breeze should be seriously considered for release.

Tracks like Crabs in a Barrel, I am Somebody and Get Up may also contain samples.