Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony is running out of stuff to release from NaS. Both Sony and Def Jam are sleeping on the Lost Tapes. Each could release a volume and that would be dope. Other than unreleased music, they could do a compilation of movie soundtrack tracks, etc (Gangster Tears, Escobar 97, Wanna Be Me). If they don't put out the music, they could release more of his videos. His video anthology only goes up through God's Son. Other than that, there is probably not much more.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I woke up early on my born day, I'm twenty years of blessing:ahh:

Happy 20th Illmatic Anniversary Coli Nas bros:salute:

nas-o.gif

...I was 10 when I first saw Uncle Ralph introducing this on VMB, and I've been riding with the GOAT ever since:blessed:

Check out the box later today.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Last edited:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I've still got a lot of this anniversary stuff to catch up on reading/watching etc but I was reading this earlier

Big Ghost did a write up of the album, track-by-track stuff and background. It won't let me post the link, server error :merchant:
Now I know it's Big Ghost :whoa: but a lot of that pre-release and background story is stuff I never knew. Plus the stuff about each track was a nice read too.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I've still got a lot of this anniversary stuff to catch up on reading/watching etc but I was reading this earlier

Big Ghost did a write up of the album, track-by-track stuff and background. It won't let me post the link, server error :merchant:
Now I know it's Big Ghost :whoa: but a lot of that pre-release and background story is stuff I never knew. Plus the stuff about each track was a nice read too.

Man can't wait to read that.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
bigghostlimited.com/the-20th-anniversary-of-illmatic

wont let me directly paste the link but that's most of it

Thanks man. Good read from Ghost.
"Word is bond I still get chills forreal whenever I hear the intro to “NY State Of Mind”. No joke…I still let “The Genesis” play the whole way thru anytime I pop that CD ." Couldn't have said it better than that.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I thank God everyday for the gift that is Illmatic. That along with Wu tang, SAVED EAST COAST RAP from being over taken by West Coast G FUNK. Not saying West Coast was bad by any means but I can relate to the grimy NYC dust drums boom bap magnum opus that is ILLMATIC. Thank you Nas. Thank you Sony. Thank everyone involved.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

1. I thank God everyday for the gift that is Illmatic. That along with Wu tang, SAVED EAST COAST RAP from being over taken by West Coast G FUNK. Not saying West Coast was bad by any means but I can relate to the grimy NYC dust drums boom bap magnum opus that is ILLMATIC. Thank you Nas. Thank you Sony. Thank everyone involved.

36 Chambers, ILLmatic and Ready To Die is the NY Holy Trinity that snatched the mic back from the West. Wu Lit the Match, NaS threw the logs in it and Biggie threw gasoline in it. But the fire that was created changed rap forever. There were other albums there but these 3 are the 3 that truely did it. Wu from a sound standpoint, NaS from a Lyrical standpoint as well as Multiple Producers and Biggie from a formula balance standpoint.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Im sorry how can I forget Ready to Die. Im sorry man. It was Nas, Biggie, and Wu that saved EAST COAST RAP. Biggie brought us back to the mainstream, Nas let nikkas know we can rap, and Wu just had style, flair and character.