Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
d
Aren't they doing an hbo show loosely based on nas during the time illmatic was made/came out?

I just know he has the Microsoft/XBox TV shows coming out, Illmatic XX, Times is Illmatic documentary, countless appearances and performances (Tribeca, Coachella, Georgetown), the Harvard honoring, store opening and the live orchestra event from the other week. A new album would definately top that off, especially if its on the same level or better than LIG.

blac_da_rappa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
O City
If there was ever a Queens Bridge Finest 2 .... who should be on it.
220px-Qbf.jpg

I say
50 Cent
Mobb Deep
Kool G Rap
Tribe
LL

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Peeped the doc last night at the Tribeca Film Festival, and it was excellent. It wasn't just about the creation if Illmatic in the studio, it was more so about the life events that lead up to its creation and the content behind it...really how NY was at the time.

His father, Olu Dara, plays a big part in it because if his storytelling behind everything from him growing up in Mississippi to his relationship with Nas & Jungle. In fact, the writer and director said afterwards that Olu's enlightening interview changed the thematic of the movie because of the depth of info he gave. Guess we know where Nas gets that storytelling from.

And Jungle is a hood ass son of a bytch to this day lol...goddamn.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Congrats to my N!gga NaS. Amazing 20 years. Who would of thought. LOL @ "ILLmatic" shytting on 99% of Hip Hop till this day. Lyrically nobody from this era is f*ckin with NaS. With that said NaS's words of wisdom still stays with me from the science he dropped. Congrats brother. I'm mad cause I should of went to the Tribecca Film Festival to watch "Time is ILLmatic" I was literally right there in Manhattan all this week. Damn. Anyways it's amazing to be a fan of someone from the beginning and your still with them 20 years later. I was the tender age of 14 years old when the album came out. 94 will forever be one of my all time favorite Hip Hop Years ever. Thank You NaS. One Love.

"I switched my motto/instead of saying f*ck tomorrow/that buck that brought the bottle/could of struck the lotto"

220px-NasIllmatic.jpg

4/19/94-4/19/14

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I woke up early on my born day, I'm twenty years of blessing:ahh:

Happy 20th Illmatic Anniversary Coli Nas bros:salute:

nas-o.gif

20yrs and still sounds great when i put it on...

...I was 10 when I first saw Uncle Ralph introducing this on VMB, and I've been riding with the GOAT ever since:blessed: