Official Nas Thread

dirty_yo

hired help
Daps
Reppin
the trashcan
Ive only started using reddit recently but I assume you just make an account with them and then submit questions in the appropriate thread when the time comes. Then its upto nas or his street team to answer the question or not

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive only started using reddit recently but I assume you just make an account with them and then submit questions in the appropriate thread when the time comes. Then its upto nas or his street team to answer the question or not

I bet there will be a lot of questions on the lost tapes 2. We should go on in force to support lost tapes 2.

dirty_yo

hired help
Daps
Reppin
the trashcan
I bet there will be a lot of questions on the lost tapes 2. We should go on in force to support lost tapes 2.
there are quite a few of us knowledgeable fans in this thread. im sure if we pool our resources together we could come up with some really good questions

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I don't use reddit but if ya'll are gonna collectively put some q's together I'd just really want to know about the relationship with Damian Marley and the Distant Relatives project. When they were working on that album they were promoting the idea that they'd be taking the music directly to Africa on a tour that would span multiple countries and that never materialized. To me they really dropped the ball there that was a huge missed opportunity for them especially with the ability to take advantage of local artists like K'Naan and Nneka being associated with the project, it could've been an even greater international success. I wonder if they'd get together for a part 2.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

"Of pain, I'm like saddam hussein still alive, looking at his dead children's burnt remains"…… :mindblown:

And then Rakim comes in and blesses the track as well. This should have hit harder than Empire State of Mind.. SMH… OR, they should have saved that verse and did a remix to Empire State of Mind and when it was time for Nas to rhyme, the beat changes to NYSOM and he kicks this same verse…. The "What if's"..:noah:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I just want to know about the likelihood Distant Relatives and Future Lost Tapes volumes.

Other than, info about his Tv show will do.

"Of pain, I'm like saddam hussein still alive, looking at his dead children's burnt remains"…… :mindblown:

And then Rakim comes in and blesses the track as well. This should have hit harder than Empire State of Mind.. SMH… OR, they should have saved that verse and did a remix to Empire State of Mind and when it was time for Nas to rhyme, the beat changes to NYSOM and he kicks this same verse…. The "What if's"..:noah:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really want to hear the "Sinatra In The Sands" song. Why? Because it looks interesting on paper especially if you look up the original "Sinatra At The Sands", it looks like a play on that concept. You had these great artists from different genres together on one project. Most importantly, I want to hear where they took it sonically, conceptually, and lyrically. If Nas brings the caliber of MCing that he showcased on those '11-'12 features and Life Is Good and Timbaland brings the caliber of production that he had on 20/20 Experience Part 1 and Justin Timberlake supposedly sounds like Sinatra on the song, it could be quite good, if not great. Jay Z is really the only part of the song I'm worried about.

It happens with every Nas album where the song is judged by a producer or feature before one note is heard. I thought "American Way" from Street's Disciple would be flames because Q-Tip produced it and he and Nas were 2/2 at that point, but "American Way" just turned out to be a weak loop of "Atomic Dog" sonically. The point here being that any producer can produce a sub-par or wack joint no matter how great they are or what chemistry they have with the artist. Sure I'm psyched that my favorite rapper (Nas) and favorite producer (Timbaland) are working together, but I understand that the song could go either way. Still, it's something that seems like it's worth hearing considering the parties involved.