Official Nas Thread

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
UK heads Nas gonna be Headlinng the Saturday Show of Lovebox Festival in Hackney July 19th

MIA, Joey Badass, ASAP Rocky also on the bill
http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/76455

He will join Chase & Status, The Horrors, A$AP Rocky, Joey Bada$$, Katy B, Banks, Mount Kimbie, and Sub Focus on the bill.

Elsewhere over the weekend there'll be sets from Ben Pearce, Bondax, Bonobo, Crystal Fighters, Cyril Hahn, David Rodigan, Dense & Pika, Duke Dumont, Elli Ingram, Gaslamp Killer, Hannah Wants, Horse Meat Disco, Huxley, Joy Orbison, Kaleida, Kiesza, Klangkarussell, Kyntro, Madlib, Mnek, Moderat, Paul Woolford, Roosevelt, Scuba, Shy FX & Stamina MC, Special Request, Submotion Orchestra, Tensnake, The Martinez Brothers and Vision Quest. Annie Mac, who is also appearing, hosts her own Annie Mac Presents arena.

The festival takes place in London's Victoria Park on July 18 and 19, and tickets are priced from £35.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/76455#5M71hTIh3mG9OIAx.99

Lineup is kind of dope not just for Hip Hop and you know them hipster girls will be out :ehh:
And for 35 pounds per day thats not too bad :patrice:

Got my ticket :ohlawd:

I've seen Nas a number of times in concert, but witnessing him perform illmatic is gonna top the lot.

Snoop performed Doggystyle in its entirety at this same event 3 years ago.

Black excellence.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Got my ticket :ohlawd:

I've seen Nas a number of times in concert, but witnessing him perform illmatic is gonna top the lot.

Snoop performed Doggystyle in its entirety at this same event 3 years ago.

Black excellence.

How much you bag your ticket for? And what day? I wanna do VIP, but only for 1 day

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I purchased a weekend pass for £80 (cheaper as it was an early bird ticket) before Nas got announced. I was lucky enough to get the heads up that Nas was likely to attend the event.

It's actually a good weekend. Go cop that ticket

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is going to be on Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
So Nas putting out Illmatic XX and Lost Tapes 2 this year :ahh:

Is he dropping a completely new solo album too?

I can't believe this shyt brehs :ahh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Finally, Nas brings an uncompromising political stance on "White Man's Paper (War)" featuring Damien Marley. Set to a throbbing Bob Marley sample, Nas flirts with controversy, chanting: "I get my news from that white man's paper/So I get my views from that white man's paper/ My people act a fool for that white man's paper/And I don't think it's cool, fukk that white man's paper/ No books in our school cuz that white man's paper, Is droppin' cruise missiles on the head of our neighbors/And I'm like why?"

The song itself was finished, according to the producer Afryka he heard the finished song once and was told it would be on the album until the very last minute he was informed it didn't make the cut. The only explanation he was given was that Nas is very "finicky".