Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I rather hear White Man's Paper, No Such Thing As A White Jesus and Colors before Sinatra in the Sand primarily because of the features. Excited about the new album. Bet it's gonna be one of those surprise releases. I would. Hope we get those first two on the Def Jam Lost Tapes 2.

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood

It's been 15yrs since this came out..

Bought it the day it came out on cassette to save a few bucks. Remember walking down Fulton mall hearing it for the first time. Feels like yesterday. Fifteen years later I'm still waiting for the new nas album to drop. Only thing that's changed is Brooklyn.

out4dolo

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is doing some heavy promo for the Illmatic XX album. Asking fans to upload an idea for the video for Represent and you could be there to film it

WHOA...what is the song at the end of this video? Anyone know? that shyt is dope as fukk

H.S.

All Star
Daps
"She know FEDS... FEDS know her" is one of the livest lines, man.

The thing I love about Nas' stories (and Biggie's), is he has that economy of words thing going on. Every bar advances the story. That's dope beyond even rap. That's some shyt that even capable writers struggle with.

"At the gas station, bunch of Arabs racing." :damn:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Copped Illmatic when it dropped and It Was Written when it dropped. Didn't get I am though. Got it and NastradMus around the same time. Really got back into Nas when Audiogalaxy was big and started to learn about his unreleased work. Was floored! Then Stillmatic dropped that Ether. It was over then.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
One Love is criminally slept on and IMO is Nas best song ever, one Nas lyrically wrecked that shyt, two it has a deep subject matter it's letter to an incarcerated friend, three Q-Tip came correct on the hook and that beat is ridiculous the xylophone :ohlawd:

"Guess who got shot in the dome piece, Jerome's niece, on her way home from Jones Beach"
"Lil Rob is selling drugs on the dime, hanging out with young thugs that all carry nines"