Official Nas Thread

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You seem to know what you talking bout. How did they all meet? In Cali?
Gabe & Anthony were friends for years prior to EMAGEN. Leslie the only woman on the team is the true gatekeeper. There are 2 other EMAGEN members D-Win & SJ. Nas officially became a partner in EMAGEN around 2006-2007 (HHID Era). They're a very strong team originated out of LA. EMAGEN also represents Fisticuffs the grammy nominated production duo, DJBad currently holds down 4 Residencies at Venues in Hollywood and internationally, HateNylo & Prince Ali.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey Life is Good! Can somebody give us an update on the Lost Tapes 2??? Even Ziggily seems like he has some insider knowledge. According to the Rolling Stone album, this project, again, is being overlooked and pushed to the side. Many are checking for this album as witnessed by the interviewer's question. A project that was said to be in the can and ready two years ago would be an easy release. Of course new music should come first, especially since the Illmatic project is due up next, but we still want those tapes.

Is this a no brained project where Def Jam or even Sony may release one with little to no input from Nas? Is it realistic to think that this is still "honestly" on Nas's "to do" list for the next two years?

Can we get a real insiders status on this?
Neither Def Jam or Sony can release Nas' music without Nas 100% input. In the RS interview Nas reveals that his music series "Street Dreams" with Microsoft X-Box Entertainment will be "visual Lost Tapes 2, 3, 4, 5 and then some." There will be lots of music released during this time...just continue to stay updated.

BossMobb

Knewgoat the novel every Black American should own
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
It's good to see the GOAT with a good management team. You can tell his current team has his best interest at heart.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Hey Life is Good! Can somebody give us an update on the Lost Tapes 2??? Even Ziggily seems like he has some insider knowledge. According to the Rolling Stone album, this project, again, is being overlooked and pushed to the side. Many are checking for this album as witnessed by the interviewer's question. A project that was said to be in the can and ready two years ago would be an easy release. Of course new music should come first, especially since the Illmatic project is due up next, but we still want those tapes.

Is this a no brained project where Def Jam or even Sony may release one with little to no input from Nas? Is it realistic to think that this is still "honestly" on Nas's "to do" list for the next two years?

Can we get a real insiders status on this?

Lol let me clarify I do NOT have any "inside" information whatsoever on Nas's business or musical endeavors. I'm just a regular guy that happens to be a huge Nas Stan who remembers some of the things Nas has already told us through interviews, magazines, and his own lyrics. People say that Nas is contradictory but if you listen to his music and then really see the moves he makes it becomes clear that he was telling us all of this all along.

For instance in an allhiphop.com interview in 2002 right after Stillmatic the interviewer asked Nas what he would be doing 10 years from now and he answered "writing screenplays and scripts". Fast forward to today and what's he doing? Writing screenplays and scripts for his own show. Nas rapped on Kanye's We Major that he "wanted to start my very own Motown". Fast forward today and he's investing in business portfolios and partnering with Hennessey to sponsor his tours and shows. Nas has been letting us on about his mind state since Illmatic.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol let me clarify I do NOT have any "inside" information whatsoever on Nas's business or musical endeavors. I'm just a regular guy that happens to be a huge Nas Stan who remembers some of the things Nas has already told us through interviews, magazines, and his own lyrics. People say that Nas is contradictory but if you listen to his music and then really see the moves he makes it becomes clear that he was telling us all of this all along.

For instance in an allhiphop.com interview in 2002 right after Stillmatic the interviewer asked Nas what he would be doing 10 years from now and he answered "writing screenplays and scripts". Fast forward to today and what's he doing? Writing screenplays and scripts for his own show. Nas rapped on Kanye's We Major that he "wanted to start my very own Motown". Fast forward today and he's investing in business portfolios and partnering with Hennessey to sponsor his tours and shows. Nas has been letting us on about his mind state since Illmatic.
@Ziggiy
You are absolutely correct and on point about your observation pertaining to Nas' messages in interviews & his music. I remember Nas stating that when he was young to the industry he wanted to focus all his energy into solely writing and releasing quality albums because he owed that to his audience. Remember, Nas only expected to be in the industry 2-3 albums tops because that was the life expectancy of artists back then. Here he is 20 years later with 8 platinum and 3 gold albums, an Emmy Award, sold out world tours and countless accolades.

Nas has definitely mapped out his future and has revealed his plans throughout interviews and music. Trust and believe that "very own Motown" will also come fruition. Nas believes as an artist it would be unfair NOT to give his artists 100%. Although, he dabbled in signing other artists to his label, Nas knew he could not focus on developing others' careers when his is very much active and quite honestly his main responsibility. By not settling Nas is able to follow through with ALL his goals and he will be in full force.

To be human is to contradict. If your honest and become cultured throughout life your opinions will evolve as you grow wiser. Nas has fortunately evolved.

Last edited:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Where is the Street Dreams show likely to be released? As in, will it be an Xbox exclusive or will it be on TV etc

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Illmatic XX
Illmatic Documentary
New album
Street Dreams series
New book??
Shows in between

Did I miss something on his agenda for the next 24 mo.?

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the RS interview Nas reveals that his music series "Street Dreams" with Microsoft X-Box Entertainment will be "visual Lost Tapes 2, 3, 4, 5 and then some." There will be lots of music released during this time...

Ok, so now we are looking at music from the series which is much LOVE. We are going to get new east coast street stories and Nasty NaS stuff from him. I always thought he should do an album full of street stories. Cool!

I hope that the new music is also released in album form and not just iTunes downloads. I still enjoy coping the albums and reviewing the liner notes.

Life is Good, If there any nance that these tracks will be released on discs??

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When Nas finally blesses us

2014 should be a good year

Method Man - Crystal Meth (2014)
Redman - Muddy Waters 2 Mixtape (2014)
Meth & Red - Blackout! 3 (2014)

Hopefully
2014 shaping up to be a second childhood in Hip-Hop for all us 90s kids that's older now:blessed: