Official Nas Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Almost every Nas fan I know is in their mid to late 20s (myself included) or beyond and doesn't really post on forums anymore. I doubt he's really picked up a wave of new fans since the early 2000s. SD was meh to many and he definitely didn't endear everybody with HHID or Untitled. A lot of people couldn't get into DR and saw it as a niche album. Commercially he hasn't really had much notoriety since God's Son with Made You Look and I Can. Then of course there are the legions of people who just never cared for Nas to begin with. With LIG he got back on track, but the verdict is already out on Nas for most people, either they like him or they don't. Even a lot of his fans have been wavering over the years but it seems like he got some of them back on board with this one.

That's just how I see it anyway. I can understand the lack of forum appreciation for Nas these days.

As a Nas fan.. I wont go against this. I do think he's maintained a fan base more than gained..but that's cool for a 40 year old rapper..

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
I'm only 21 and I'm a Nas fan :myman:

"I Can" was :blessed: when it first came out back in the 5th Grade

Then I heard "Get Down" on a mixtape :ooh:

This was some of my first exposure to Nas :ahh:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I never had a problem with Nas' beat selection. His fans are way too apologetic about that shyt.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never had a problem with Nas' beat selection. His fans are way too apologetic about that shyt.

I agree with your observation of Nas' fan base. Some of Nas' fans are way too apologetic of his choice in production & some of them are really confused about what they truly want from Nas as an artist. They complain way too much about his musical direction & some of them are clueless & follow along with whatever the naysayers perceive Nas to be in hip hop (preachy, too flashy, lost or whatever adjective that haters label him with). This is why as an artist you should NEVER chase your fans expectations (they're too fickle) but ALWAYS follow their own belief that is centered on the future (not the past). Nas learned this when he dropped IWW...he hasn't looked back since.

Key word is "some" fans definitely NOT ALL his fans...THANKFULLY!

Ronald

Daps
I agree with your observation of Nas' fan base. Some of Nas fans are way too apologetic of his choice in production & some of them are really confused about what they truly want from Nas as an artist. They complain way too much about his musical direction & some of them are clueless & follow along with whatever the naysayers perceive Nas to be in hip hop (preachy, too flashy, lost or whatever adjective that haters label him with). This is why as an artist you should NEVER chase your fans expectations (they're too fickle) but ALWAYS follow their own belief that is centered on the future (not the past). Nas learned this when he dropped IWW...he hasn't looked back since.

Key word is some fans definitely NOT ALL his fans...THANKFULLY!

Let's talk about that No Such Thing As White Jesus

when we gettin that

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I honestly don't get the "Nas picks bad beats" thing. Like we're really forgetting that Nas picked those Illmatic, IT Was Written, Stillmatic and Life Is Good beats that are so praised. Nas's production choices are obviously influenced by old school New York Boom Bap, he's the last of the mainstream relevant artists who consistently utilize that style, so for the life of me I can't understand people who complain about the lack of the "authentic" New York sound and in same breath criticize Nas, it's ridiculous

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
I twist it up, Listen up to the real shyt, feel this, REALNESS!
nikkaz rushing to the top, not knowing what it takes to be...
King Of The Industry, the wise move patiently
Ya nikkaz is hating me, won't be happy till I'm back witcha...
Selling crack witcha, half & half on a pack witcha
My pen and pad, paint a black picture...
Of young ghouls passing liquor, after-hour store mass and figures
Street corner combos, stagger and Wan knows...
Tahoes coming through, blasting songs I know.....

nas-tenth-studio-album.jpg

LogicFirst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Copped 4 tickets for Nas' O2 Arena show in 3 weeks. Ticketmaster had them sold out but a couple of secondhand sites were still selling them:takedat:

Although weirdly enough this is only site that claims that 2Chainz and Iggy Azelea are opening up for Nas and NOT Meek Mill
:leon:
Nas And 2 Chainz at The O2 arena, London - See Tickets

Got no press of him replacing Mill but if its true, I'll take a Nas/2 Chainz arena show
:ehh:

you live in london?