Official Nas Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
you live in london?

I do but Im actually working overseas right now in the Middle East for the company I worked for in London (Oil and industry based) and have been for the past 2 years . Booked my next holidays back home based around the gawd's show :to:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Listened to the ****** Tape on the way in to work today. Probably his best mix tape. (Also dope cover art).

What other official mix tapes has he released in the past?

Thats his only official mixtape he's released during his career.

But J-Love used to release a series of unreleased/B-sides mixes of Nas cuts in the 2000s. There was about 5 volumes from 2000-2006.
Queens or QB's Finest I think they were called I forget now.

Statik Selektah released two mixtapes (Prophecy Vol 1 and 2) in 2004 and 2008 with a lot of blends and original versions of tracks Nas released around the time and build up to SD and HHID

Also DJ Delz really got his name in Jan 2009 releasing a Nas mixtape called El Dorado Black Project which had a bunch of tracks Nas left off Untitled and HHID (Fear of Mandingo, Courthouse, The World, Something Foul)

Also Dirty Harry released a Nas blend tape in 2005 called Living Legend which a lot of people were feeling cause showcase how Nas would sound on contemporary beats.

All worth a download.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The funny thing is I have every single one of those tapes. I thought the static one was official though.

It kinda was but I guess I always viewed as a blend/b side tape compared to what we consider mixtapes nowadays (I suppose we could say the same about the ****** tape though)

Tuling

Pro
Daps
Copped 4 tickets for Nas' O2 Arena show in 3 weeks. Ticketmaster had them sold out but a couple of secondhand sites were still selling them:takedat:

Although weirdly enough this is only site that claims that 2Chainz and Iggy Azelea are opening up for Nas and NOT Meek Mill
:leon:
Nas And 2 Chainz at The O2 arena, London - See Tickets

Got no press of him replacing Mill but if its true, I'll take a Nas/2 Chainz arena show
:ehh:
Yeah it's confirmed.

Prefer Meek if we're talking bout the actual music, but from what i've seen 2Chainz a good performer & has a solid buzz at the moment so it's probably better in the end.
Have fun :noah:

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Young Guru is one of Jay-Z's right hand guys, he's the one who unleashed flutes so melodic that to this DAY the average Hip Hop listener hasn't been able to pick them out. You really think he's gonna hold the album that lyrically bytch slapped Hov in high regard?

We gone put Guru's opinion right where it belongs, in the bushes:birdman:

Ni99a them flutes were created by ennio morricone he jacked that sample so crucially which is hilarious because its a classic song he made but blueprint 2 isnt classic... at ALL.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with your observation of Nas' fan base. Some of Nas' fans are way too apologetic of his choice in production & some of them are really confused about what they truly want from Nas as an artist. They complain way too much about his musical direction & some of them are clueless & follow along with whatever the naysayers perceive Nas to be in hip hop (preachy, too flashy, lost or whatever adjective that haters label him with). This is why as an artist you should NEVER chase your fans expectations (they're too fickle) but ALWAYS follow their own belief that is centered on the future (not the past). Nas learned this when he dropped IWW...he hasn't looked back since.

Key word is "some" fans definitely NOT ALL his fans...THANKFULLY!

:ohlawd:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Might be 13 years late with this, but tonight I watched "In too Deep" for the first time and Nas was in it :krs:

How many Movies/TV Shows has Nas appeared in over the years? :dead:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Copped 4 tickets for Nas' O2 Arena show in 3 weeks. Ticketmaster had them sold out but a couple of secondhand sites were still selling them:takedat:

Although weirdly enough this is only site that claims that 2Chainz and Iggy Azelea are opening up for Nas and NOT Meek Mill
:leon:
Nas And 2 Chainz at The O2 arena, London - See Tickets

Got no press of him replacing Mill but if its true, I'll take a Nas/2 Chainz arena show
:ehh:

I'm praying that he doesn't clash with anyone major at Glastonbury, if not then I'll be :blessed: