Official Nas Thread

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dime: What about Nas?
YG: Now here’s my problem with Nas. Nas is probably one of the illest writers that we ever had but Nas picks wack beats. Now, I feel like Nas is getting into his mold where his last album was exactly what I wanted from Nas. He made a grown hip-hop album. He doesn’t always pick a hot beat. That’s my thing with Nas. Then it’s like ok, if you look at complete bodies of work, how many complete bodies of works did Nas have? He had 2.

Dime: Ouch. I’m assuming you mean Illmatic and Life Is Good, but what about Stillmatic?
YG: Stillmatic wasn’t a complete body of work too me.

:comeon: Young Guru; that Ether really got into RocAFella and discombobulated the camp :skip:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Stillmatic wasnt a complete body of work? lol

We got a bunch of Young Gurus on this site that say dumb shyt like that...

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
It's like saying illmatic is not a complete body of work because of One time for your mind. Paid in full got some weak tracks but that doesn't mean the album is not a classic

And to me nas has the illest catalogue of SONGS ever next to pac, Jay has tons of hits but not so many hip hip classics or memorable songs

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I'm late in noticing this, but has the URL for this thread always been "official-lost-thread"?

:what::shaq2::pachaha:

Ronald

Daps
this other forum named their hip hop thread

"Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas."

:what: nobody fukks with nas

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Almost every Nas fan I know is in their mid to late 20s (myself included) or beyond and doesn't really post on forums anymore. I doubt he's really picked up a wave of new fans since the early 2000s. SD was meh to many and he definitely didn't endear everybody with HHID or Untitled. A lot of people couldn't get into DR and saw it as a niche album. Commercially he hasn't really had much notoriety since God's Son with Made You Look and I Can. Then of course there are the legions of people who just never cared for Nas to begin with. With LIG he got back on track, but the verdict is already out on Nas for most people, either they like him or they don't. Even a lot of his fans have been wavering over the years but it seems like he got some of them back on board with this one.

That's just how I see it anyway. I can understand the lack of forum appreciation for Nas these days.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay dont even feel that way...thats the funny shyt about it...IWW aint a full body of work?..if thats the case the Blueprint aint a full body of work...cause that shyt had songs that threw off the album as well...

Was about to say this same exact thing. I even like the album "I am". It wasn't a well put together album but the beats were good. He just didn't seem to do much of an effort in it. If nas would pick nothing but good beats form every album, every album would have been a classic from stillmatic up until lig. I would give I am and nastradamus 4.5 and 4 mics because to me, beats was on point. Only thing he messed up on was complete "nas" standard delivery.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are absolutely too many fanagers in hip hop that don't allow an artist to be a creative being. The fans today are to easily influenced by other people's opinion and they only adapt to what sound is acceptable at the moment (hot beat/producer). The most important element that will keep Nas on the tongues of many for years to come is that he creates music due to his love/passion for the art of hip hop...so you can criticize his beat selections all you want but a beat will only carry you so far. You must truly respect what you do in order to have longevity in the music industry. Nas has seen them come & go (artists, poducers & fans) but yet he is still here.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Almost every Nas fan I know is in their mid to late 20s (myself included) or beyond and doesn't really post on forums anymore. I doubt he's really picked up a wave of new fans since the early 2000s. SD was meh to many and he definitely didn't endear everybody with HHID or Untitled. A lot of people couldn't get into DR and saw it as a niche album. Commercially he hasn't really had much notoriety since God's Son with Made You Look and I Can. Then of course there are the legions of people who just never cared for Nas to begin with. With LIG he got back on track, but the verdict is already out on Nas for most people, either they like him or they don't. Even a lot of his fans have been wavering over the years but it seems like he got some of them back on board with this one.

That's just how I see it anyway. I can understand the lack of forum appreciation for Nas these days.

Nas can understand it too it's called HATE!

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Was about to say this same exact thing. I even like the album "I am". It wasn't a well put together album but the beats were good. He just didn't seem to do much of an effort in it. If nas would pick nothing but good beats form every album, every album would have been a classic from stillmatic up until lig. I would give I am and nastradamus 4.5 and 4 mics because to me, beats was on point. Only thing he messed up on was complete "nas" standard delivery.

see..funny thing about I Am is it wasn't even his fault it turned out the way it did....the album was supposed to be different but it got bootlegged so heavy he had to redo it...Nastradamus was LITERALLY thrown together...left over I Am cuts...

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Copped 4 tickets for Nas' O2 Arena show in 3 weeks. Ticketmaster had them sold out but a couple of secondhand sites were still selling them:takedat:

Although weirdly enough this is only site that claims that 2Chainz and Iggy Azelea are opening up for Nas and NOT Meek Mill
:leon:
Nas And 2 Chainz at The O2 arena, London - See Tickets

Got no press of him replacing Mill but if its true, I'll take a Nas/2 Chainz arena show
:ehh: