Cause I'm dealing with this thug life crisis and can't cope
nikkas on my dikk beef don't stop
nikkas asking what happed to the Firm
Did you and AZ bone Fox? No
How was it working with Dre though?
Heard you was fukking Lil Kim and Mary J, Whoa , the list goes on
There is rumors that Brandy broke my heart
The world want to know what's in the life of the prettiest Don
Nas, was Jay fukking with your baby mom's?
Was she involved with a plot, to deceive my perfect degrees of
Three hundred and sixty, he ugly she pretty that's life
Never been married eloped with dope; Music's my wife
It's true, me and 2 PAC once steped to each other
Confronted our like's and dislike's in front of Suge Knight, we left it as brothers
As a child pop's blew his weed in my face, results, mixing ether with base
I'm the rebel to America, less is the nasal voice chipped tooth b*stard
What your hearing is a replica
I never had a clue, that all you dudes should be in dresses
Double edges playing both sides of the fences

that's a diss to Fab right?

Tuling

Pro
Daps
Figured I'd post this

Dime Magazine (dimemag.com) : Daily NBA News, NBA Trades, NBA Rumors, Basketball Videos, Sneakers » Blog Archive Dime Q&A: Young Guru On Whether The NBA Today Could Hang With Jordan, Hip-Hop's Top 5, And Being Recruited To Hoop In College » Page 3 of

Dime: What about Nas?
YG: Now here’s my problem with Nas. Nas is probably one of the illest writers that we ever had but Nas picks wack beats. Now, I feel like Nas is getting into his mold where his last album was exactly what I wanted from Nas. He made a grown hip-hop album. He doesn’t always pick a hot beat. That’s my thing with Nas. Then it’s like ok, if you look at complete bodies of work, how many complete bodies of works did Nas have? He had 2.

Dime: Ouch. I’m assuming you mean Illmatic and Life Is Good, but what about Stillmatic?
YG: Stillmatic wasn’t a complete body of work too me.

Dime: Oh come on Guru.
YG: That album reminded people of the old Nas. You gotta remember I’ve been with this thing forever. People be like, “Oh my god. Nas made a song about he’s a gun.” But Pharoahe Monch did that originally. Nas isn’t the first person to rap about that. This new generation be giving credit to people but they’ve never heard the Pharoahe Monch story. Nas is one of my greats. I definitely have him top 10, but top 5? He’s not better than Rakim. He’s not.

Prolific

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Figured I'd post this

Dime Magazine (dimemag.com) : Daily NBA News, NBA Trades, NBA Rumors, Basketball Videos, Sneakers » Blog Archive Dime Q&A: Young Guru On Whether The NBA Today Could Hang With Jordan, Hip-Hop's Top 5, And Being Recruited To Hoop In College » Page 3 of

YG: Now here’s my problem with Nas. Nas is probably one of the illest writers that we ever had but Nas picks wack beats. Now, I feel like Nas is getting into his mold where his last album was exactly what I wanted from Nas. He made a grown hip-hop album. He doesn’t always pick a hot beat. That’s my thing with Nas. Then it’s like ok, if you look at complete bodies of work, how many complete bodies of works did Nas have? He had 2.

Dime: Ouch. I’m assuming you mean Illmatic and Life Is Good, but what about Stillmatic?

YG: That album reminded people of the old Nas. You gotta remember I’ve been with this thing forever. People be like, “Oh my god. Nas made a song about he’s a gun.” But Pharoahe Monch did that originally. Nas isn’t the first person to rap about that. This new generation be giving credit to people but they’ve never heard the Pharoahe Monch story. Nas is one of my greats. I definitely have him top 10, but top 5? He’s not better than Rakim. He’s not.

Revered as “The Sound of New York,” Young Guru possesses over a decade of experience in sound engineering, production, and A&R for the acclaimed Roc-A-Fella Records and Def Jam Recordings. Most recognized for shaping some of the biggest talent in Hip Hop, Young Guru has mixed 10 of Jay-Z's 11 albums, and has earned himself a number of shout-outs on Jay-Z’s tracks paying homage to his exceptional skills behind the boards.

:mjpls:

Ronald

Daps
He also said Pac isn't top 5

and he thinks IWW wasn't a "complete body of work"

shut the fukk up, young guru :heh:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Figured I'd post this

:wtf::laugh::mjpls:

Ronald

Daps
I wonder how many "complete bodies of work" he thinks Jay and BIG have, if Nas only has 2

what a piece of trash

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Figured I'd post this

:what:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Figured I'd post this

Dude sounds like a clown right now. What kind of idiotic reason is it to not have Nas in your top 5 because you do not think he is better than Rakim? Personally I do consider to be rated the top #1 , but I would not be against someone arguing the case for Rakim for that number 1 spot.

But without a doubt Nas is a top 5 emcee. This is the first time I have ever heard someone in my life say Nas isn't top 5 but he is definitely top 10. I don't even think @blackslash would say that. He would just rate Jay higher.

Folks like these who give weird ass opinions SIMPLY to be "unconventional' and "unique" come across like some lames for real.

Lol at Young Guru being the next Jay/Pac(IWW) Cormega/Jay (Stillmatic) Snoop(Street's Disciple) Jim Jones(HHID) Fiddy(Untitled) Kelis(Life Is Good) on Nas next solo album.

Yes I said Kelis. Is that a problem? :birdman:

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Young Guru is one of Jay-Z's right hand guys, he's the one who unleashed flutes so melodic that to this DAY the average Hip Hop listener hasn't been able to pick them out. You really think he's gonna hold the album that lyrically bytch slapped Hov in high regard?

We gone put Guru's opinion right where it belongs, in the bushes:birdman: