Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nas was NOT hurt the TRUTH is he has more respect for the culture, himself & his peers ("Jiggaman" included) than some of you so called hip hop fans. You nikkas spend more time dishonoring the culture, artists ("Nas Lost") & then you wonder why others outside of the genre don't show it any respect. Nas has dedicated decades to this art form and the fans of this shyt tear him down at every cost...you care more about popularity & money an artist is preceived to have than you do about the actually love for the culture. So instead of worrying about Nas being hurt...you need to figure out how to prevent this culture for being looked at as a joke to the point that the Grammy's don't even want to televise the important nominations unless they are paid to do so or to push a certain agenda. There was a REAL reason why Best Rap Collab was the only hip hop award televised. I'm hurt for Nas & hop hop because the culture is no longer highly regarded by its fans...so NO ONE gives a shyt anymore.

I GUARANTEE NAS WILL GET MORE PRESS/COVERS FOR NOT WINNING THAN THE ARTISTS THAT DID WIN!

Absolutely right. I've been saying this for the past year. People wanna say "well fukk the Grammys" but if Nas would've won that brings a certain element of respect to the CULTURE that one of its premiere artists is honored for his work. We ALL should be rooting for genuinely brilliant and excellently written and executed tracks like Daughters and superbly put together albums like Life Is Good to win. I'm not saying that Hip Hop needs the Grammys, the genre's been doing just fine without it. What I AM saying is that as long as the Grammys are going to nominate and promote Hip Hop then the RIGHT and DESERVING Hip Hop is what the fans should be DEMANDING be honored

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Nas was NOT hurt the TRUTH is he has more respect for the culture, himself & his peers ("Jiggaman" included) than some of you so called hip hop fans. You nikkas spend more time dishonoring the culture, artists ("Nas Lost") & then you wonder why others outside of the genre don't show it any respect. Nas has dedicated decades to this art form and the fans of this shyt tear him down at every cost...you care more about popularity & money an artist is preceived to have than you do about the actually love for the culture. So instead of worrying about Nas being hurt...you need to figure out how to prevent this culture for being looked at as a joke to the point that the Grammy's don't even want to televise the important nominations unless they are paid to do so or to push a certain agenda. There was a REAL reason why Best Rap Collab was the only hip hop award televised. I'm hurt for Nas & hop hop because the culture is no longer highly regarded by its fans...so NO ONE gives a shyt anymore.

I GUARANTEE NAS WILL GET MORE PRESS/COVERS FOR NOT WINNING THAN THE ARTISTS THAT DID WIN!

This needed to be posted again. :shake:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Absolutely right. I've been saying this for the past year. People wanna say "well fukk the Grammys" but if Nas would've won that brings a certain element of respect to the CULTURE that one of its premiere artists is honored for his work. We ALL should be rooting for genuinely brilliant and excellently written and executed tracks like Daughters and superbly put together albums like Life Is Good to win. I'm not saying that Hip Hop needs the Grammys, the genre's been doing just fine without it. What I AM saying is that as long as the Grammys are going to nominate and promote Hip Hop then the RIGHT and DESERVING Hip Hop is what the fans should be DEMANDING be honored
Goddamn what a post!:leon:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
But at the same time, you have to realize that the Grammys are the most grandiose popularity contest in the entire music industry. It's like TRL for grownups. I actually believed in the weeks leading up to this that they would somehow begin to recognize true hip-hop excellence, but I see some things never change. Sh*t just makes me want to hear "No Such Thing as a White Jesus" even more

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL

:wow: Excellent post, Dap + rep :wow:

Tuling

Pro
Daps
shyt. I don't what to say, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't depressing, cus it is
I Believe what @lifeisgood is saying though, very true
Still fukked up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Horrible night brehs had my nikka present an award but not give him one is just disgusting

The only reason he showed up is because i think he honestly believed he was winning something this year.I think some writing inspiration is going to come from this,and we know what we get when he's angry.
Yep. But man...this shyt hurts a lot, i think i would feel a little better had he not even showed up to this shyt. They had my nikka come out, take pictures, present an award,do interviews with these cacs and then they shyt on him again. The GOAT was looking sharp as fukk in that suit too, this fukked up my week.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

@Ziggiy...you are the REALEST!

Hip hop fans need to stop accepting bullshyt & riding out with popularity & money. Let's get back to the art/heart of this shyt. Then maybe REAL fans won't have to campaign so damn hard for artists like Nas to win...it will be expected for him to WIN. Nas is a true artist & he really rides for hip hop (he wears his heart on his sleeve). But the people that operate some of these hop hop blogs, magazines & twitter HATE on him something terrible due to their obsession of another artist & don't think that these people on the Grammy committee don't browse these sites & read the disrespect displayed toward certain artists (such as Nas). People are so use to being critical of Nas' work due to the repetitive hate that even before he releases an album the haters already dissing his "beat select," comparing him to an artist he had friction with over a decade ago & criticizing that he doesn't have AZ or Prem on the album (as if it's still 94'). I think it is time to stop comparing his debut album to EVERYTHING he has created after & let Nas COOK!

Populair

Guess what?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just a Kid From Chicago
I wasn't in here acting like it was a lock that Nas was going to win a Grammy. I tempered my expectations, but damn I'm disappointed that he didn't win one. Matter of fact, somebody has to pay tonight, no bullshyt. I don't know if it's going to be this chick that keeps on blowing up my cell for no reason, or this stupid ass dog that keeps looking at me and turning his head sideways on some Michael Myers shyt, or just some random animal cracker that I will inevitably cross paths with on my way to the grocery store tonight.....

Somebody has to pay for this atrocity that has taken place tonight.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
NaS never won the Grammy cause he never fully went over to the Pop side. Sure he swam in the waters but he went back to shore and never fully crossed over which is why NaS never had a #1 single on the Hot 100. His Biggest hit is a RnB feature with Missy with "Hot Boys". His Biggest solo hit is "I Can". NaS is winning tomorrow cause now it's finally his time.

And this is why even tonight. NaS didn't win a Grammy. His singles did not chart well. The Grammy's when it comes to Hip Hop for the most part goes with sales. "N!ggas in Paris" went 3x Platinum. "No Church in the Wild" was a huge pop hit but became a huge marketing hit with tv ads and movie commercials. "Take Care" went Double Platinum and had 4 Platinum singles and 1 Gold singles. Those are the songs the Grammy's went with. I thought they would atleast give him "Cherry wine" but "No Church" was the bigger song.

"Daughters" just didn't do well on the charts even though it got 2 Nominations and should of won one. "Life Is Good" got the critical acclaim but didn't get the sales. So NaS once again walks away grammy-less because of my statement on the top here. He just won't got all the way Pop musically. He tired with "Summer on Smash" but even then he sounded a little forced. This was never NaS lane though again he's done club bangers but not the way Jay or Biggie did them.

BossMobb

Knewgoat the novel every Black American should own
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Salute to the GOAT for making a great album. I was suprised by how optimistic ppl were abt the prospect of him winning since these are the same voters who have overlooked his incredible work in the past.
@lifeisgood The intelligent fans can see that the obsessive hate has decreased since your management team has taken over Nas' career. Keep up the great work.