Official Nas Thread

Black Roses

Rookie
Daps
a11n4o.jpg

We're still out here. :to:

Daps
I seriously havent been this mad about something in years...

goddamn cacs ruining every good moment

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
It's a little disappointing because you could tell he wanted to win one but I didn't really think he stood a chance. It's the Grammys! They mostly award garbage. And it's no validation of anything. As long as nas keeps dropping heat. It's all good.

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
last time Nas really got robbed of a deserved award, he dropped It Was Written the next year....

:whistle:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Woke up to check the Cherry Wine result and it put me in :damn: :to: status.

4 nominations from an album that got (very) high praise across the board :beli:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Well, I guess NaS's sport Emmy will be his only win. But it's all good NaS, you Still in Elite Company:

Rap Legends that Never Won A Grammy:

Snoop Dogg - 14 Nominations
NaS - 13 Nominations
Busta Rhymes - 11 Nominations
Pac - 6 Nominations
Biggie - 4 Nominations
Heavy D - 4 Nominations
Wu Tang Clan - 4 Nominations
Run DMC - 3 Nominations
DMX - 3 Nominations
Tribe Called Qwest - 3 Nominations (Including Tip Solo)
MC Lyte - 2 Nominations
De La Soul - 1 Nomination
Public Enemy - 1 Nomination
Big Pun - 1 Nomination

Damn that kind of puts it in perspective now that i see Pac and Snoop and DMX didn't get a Grammy. I would have definitely though Pac and Snoop would have got one for MATW or AEOM and for Doggystyle. And i would have thought X would have got one for the year he released two number one albums. Though Nas deserved a Grammy, the mainstream artists and the bigger sellers will usually win out. So who was bigger than Pac and Snoop back then. And i assume Kast or Jigga got it over X which i couldn't be mad at.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Damn that kind of puts it in perspective now that i see Pac and Snoop and DMX didn't get a Grammy. I would have definitely though Pac and Snoop would have got one for MATW or AEOM and for Doggystyle. And i would have thought X would have got one for the year he released two number one albums. Though Nas deserved a Grammy, the mainstream artists and the bigger sellers will usually win out. So who was bigger than Pac and Snoop back then. And i assume Kast or Jigga got it over X which i couldn't be mad at.

Coolio appearently and the best rap album catergory wasnt created until 95-96 when Naughty (Not a bad commercial choice)

X usually lost out to Jigga, Eminem (Surprise, surprise as its usually down to 4 camps Ye, Je, Em or YMCMB the past few years with a Ludacris thrown in)

The only surprising Grammy win might have been the Roots in 2000 for You Got Me and that was even televised!

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Woke up early on my born day, I'm twenty nine years of blessing. :ahh:

To be part of #TPC and that Nas is still the GOAT. :blessed:

tumblr_m6x20gm8n91raq7mho1_r1_500.gif

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Awards really don't mean shyt to me. I'm a fan I'm a fan. Awards or not. I would be a fan of Kanye whether he won or not. To me nas is still the best rapper. It's just sad this man who probably has the longest career with over 20 years in the game an can't get one Grammy win. But the fact that he is still dropping top charting albums at damn near 40 in genre of hot today nobody tomorrow is amazing.

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
Grammy's been showing their true colors for a minute but this was the icing on the cake...dont be surprised if Future and Asap Rocky win Grammy's before Nas...if N******* i Paris can win before "Daughters" that right there shows what they think the role of hip hop should be...boasting bragging partying drug use but as soon as you talk the real its like :whoa: and we the consumers just eat up whatever radio throw at us so dudes who abusing autotune to the point it makes T-Pain look like Luther Vandross get all the accolades :beli: so ima keep bumping the classics Nas has given us and acknowledge what he has done for the culture while he's still alive by continuing to purchase his albums and see his shows...anything else is fugayzee :scusthov:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What A Travesty, Yeah Awards Dont Be shyt But It Would Be Nice To See Some Damn Respect Shown Towards A Once In A Lifetime Artist

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
no video? yall some muh fuggin geniuses on here.. where da VIDZ :damn:

:to: but ddep down i think all of us knew he wouldnt wiin.. i mean its too much mainstream rap out there . and thats what they go for.. the shyt u hear spinning 10000 times a day.. but all them nominations is good lime light for the god.. speaking of that.. where the VID of that nikka sayin peace god :russ: :myman: