Official Nas Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
And this is why even tonight. NaS didn't win a Grammy. His singles did not chart well. The Grammy's when it comes to Hip Hop for the most part goes with sales. "N!ggas in Paris" went 3x Platinum. "No Church in the Wild" was a huge pop hit but became a huge marketing hit with tv ads and movie commercials. "Take Care" went Double Platinum and had 4 Platinum singles and 1 Gold singles. Those are the songs the Grammy's went with. I thought they would atleast give him "Cherry wine" but "No Church" was the bigger song.

"Daughters" just didn't do well on the charts even though it got 2 Nominations and should of won one. "Life Is Good" got the critical acclaim but didn't get the sales. So NaS once again walks away grammy-less because of my statement on the top here. He just won't got all the way Pop musically. He tired with "Summer on Smash" but even then he sounded a little forced. This was never NaS lane though again he's done club bangers but not the way Jay or Biggie did them.

Which makes the Roots win in 2000 even more unique

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Wait, y'all thought this was gonna win a Grammy? :dwillhuh:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Nas was NOT hurt the TRUTH is he has more respect for the culture, himself & his peers ("Jiggaman" included) than some of you so called hip hop fans. You nikkas spend more time dishonoring the culture, artists ("Nas Lost") & then you wonder why others outside of the genre don't show it any respect. Nas has dedicated decades to this art form and the fans of this shyt tear him down at every cost...you care more about popularity & money an artist is preceived to have than you do about the actually love for the culture. So instead of worrying about Nas being hurt...you need to figure out how to prevent this culture for being looked at as a joke to the point that the Grammy's don't even want to televise the important nominations unless they are paid to do so or to push a certain agenda. There was a REAL reason why Best Rap Collab was the only hip hop award televised. I'm hurt for Nas & hop hop because the culture is no longer highly regarded by its fans...so NO ONE gives a shyt anymore.

I GUARANTEE NAS WILL GET MORE PRESS/COVERS FOR NOT WINNING THAN THE ARTISTS THAT DID WIN!

Damn, some real ass post breh :whew:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald

Daps
so is that Life Is Good poster an insider?

ay brehbreh, we gettin No Such Thing As White Jesus this year or wot?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Well, I guess NaS's sport Emmy will be his only win. But it's all good NaS, you Still in Elite Company:

Rap Legends that Never Won A Grammy:

Snoop Dogg - 14 Nominations
NaS - 13 Nominations
Busta Rhymes - 11 Nominations
Pac - 6 Nominations
Biggie - 4 Nominations
Heavy D - 4 Nominations
Wu Tang Clan - 4 Nominations
Run DMC - 3 Nominations
DMX - 3 Nominations
Tribe Called Qwest - 3 Nominations (Including Tip Solo)
MC Lyte - 2 Nominations
De La Soul - 1 Nomination
Public Enemy - 1 Nomination
Big Pun - 1 Nomination

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Have KRS, Ra and Kane won Grammy's?
I read they won for a rap record of the year for a Quincy joint, but I wanted to check this.

Daps
We aint dead yet brehs..any hip hop fan knows LIG should have won album of the year and Cherry Wine rap/sung record of the year .

I hope this doesnt mess up the zone he was in tho..he had the :wtb: look on his face.

Fukk em..

Reload this year and hit em with another classic.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I wish he had sold more and I wish he had more awards to show for it and yeah I expected what happened last night anyway. It would have felt good as some sort of validation to Nas' career right now and prove he's relevant and still a dope artist, but fukk it if we liked, we liked it

Life's short, enjoy the art you like

:to:

Last edited by a moderator: