Official Nas Thread

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only reason he showed up is because i think he honestly believed he was winning something this year.I think some writing inspiration is going to come from this,and we know what we get when he's angry.

Ronald

Daps
The only reason he showed up is because i think he honestly believed he was winning something this year.I think some writing inspiration is going to come from this,and we know what we get when he's angry.

last time he was disappointing in losing an award it was lyricist of the year at the source awards

and then we got IWW :whew:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It was just bullshyt man....

Nas got straight robbed..

He still the Goat though and Life Is Good was a career defining album, Nas proved that he's got many many more years of musical relevance in him. I'll be right back here next year or whenever the next time he drops an album rooting for him all over again...

This was just a temporary setback, nothing for Nas fans to hang their heads over. We went hard for our favorite artist and it is what it is....

No matter what Life Is Good:ahh:

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Knew these CaCs wouldnt play fair

i think the thing that bothered me the most was nigg@s in paris getting the grammy over daughters. i know NIP was a good track, espeically in concert, it just seemed liked Daughters showed hip hop in a more mature way. i thought that would appeal more to the voters of the grammy's. NIP just made it seem like they were laughing again at hip hop..Like these fools.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
i think the thing that bothered me the most was nigg@s in paris getting the grammy over daughters. i know NIP was a good track, espeically in concert, it just seemed liked Daughters showed hip hop in a more mature way. i thought that would appeal more to the voters of the grammy's. NIP just made it seem like they were laughing again at hip hop..Like these fools.

The Grammys always go with the familar when it comes to Hip-Hop. I knew NIP and Drake was gonna win that's why I said to chill with all the Grammy talk for Nas.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK

same here....I think NIP was pretty corny...beat was annoying, dude's were talking about the same ol' same....I don;t mind the drake loss, I listen to that album a lot, right after LIG..so dude deserved it. But goddamn, Grammy's stay giving wins to Kanye.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maaaan he looked hurt...straight dissapoinment. This dude Jiggaman stays a step ahead of him :snoop:

Nas was NOT hurt the TRUTH is he has more respect for the culture, himself & his peers ("Jiggaman" included) than some of you so called hip hop fans. You nikkas spend more time dishonoring the culture, artists ("Nas Lost") & then you wonder why others outside of the genre don't show it any respect. Nas has dedicated decades to this art form and the fans of this shyt tear him down at every cost...you care more about popularity & money an artist is preceived to have than you do about the actually love for the culture. So instead of worrying about Nas being hurt...you need to figure out how to prevent this culture for being looked at as a joke to the point that the Grammy's don't even want to televise the important nominations unless they are paid to do so or to push a certain agenda. There was a REAL reason why Best Rap Collab was the only hip hop award televised. I'm hurt for Nas & hop hop because the culture is no longer highly regarded by its fans...so NO ONE gives a shyt anymore.

I GUARANTEE NAS WILL GET MORE PRESS/COVERS FOR NOT WINNING THAN THE ARTISTS THAT DID WIN!

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Man, I'm not going to lie, I'm in complete shock. NaS definitely had the best Hip-Hop album of the year and to be completely shut out like that...I really wonder who in heck sits on the Grammy committee. Trying not to let my NaS stannery get the best of me, Haha! I really thought that this was the year he would win at the very least, one Grammy award.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Nas was NOT hurt the TRUTH is he has more respect for the culture, himself & his peers ("Jiggaman" included) than some of you so called hip hop fans. You nikkas spend more time dishonoring the culture, artists ("Nas Lost") & then you wonder why others outside of the genre don't show it any respect. Nas has dedicated decades to this art form and the fans of this shyt tear him down at every cost...you care more about popularity & money an artist is preceived to have than you do about the actually love for the culture. So instead of worrying about Nas being hurt...you need to figure out how to prevent this culture for being looked at as a joke to the point that the Grammy's don't even want to televise the important nominations unless they are paid to do so or to push a certain agenda. There was a REAL reason why Best Rap Collab was the only hip hop award televised. I'm hurt for Nas & hop hop because the culture is no longer highly regarded by its fans...so NO ONE gives a shyt anymore.

I GUARANTEE NAS WILL GET MORE PRESS/COVERS FOR NOT WINNING THAN
THE ARTISTS THAT DID WIN!

:whoa::whoa::whoa: ...i'm on your side man.