17. The Black Bond
18. Trust

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I like Summer on Smash to be honest with you. The 2nd verse was flames to me but post your new tracklist for it and i'm going to arrange it and see how it is

No Introduction
Loco-Motive
Queens Story
Accident Murderers
Triple Beam Dreams
You Wouldn't Understand
Daughters
Reach Out
Back When
Hip Hop
World's An Addiction
The Don
Stay
Cherry Wine
Bye Baby

Triple Beams goes really good after Accident Murderers and it still keeps the topic going, like when Ross goes 'Now we're going to take you to the other side.'
I put You Wouldn't Understand after that because he talks about some of the mistakes made, but was sucessful because of hard work and good friends. But most wouldn't understand because they want the easy life, like he did in Triple Beam Dreams.

I didn't change it too much, because for the most part the album flowed well.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Back When, Hip Hop, And World's Addictions go well together if you listen to them in that order. How the beats go into each other is nice. And the topics also.

Tuling

Pro
Daps
Haven't changed the tracklist a bit but triple beam after accidental murderers :ehh:
nice one blazn

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nas is Def Jam. No ID is Def Jam. It would stand to make sense that if Nas were to go with ONE producer for his next album it would be Dion. Dion has had major experience being the sole producer for an entire album (I.e. some of Common's best work) and the beats he had on LIG were universally praised as some of the best production Nas has ever utilized. I personally wouldn't be upset if Nas and Salaam hooked up for an entire album as some of Nas's best work has come out of their collaborations, but I honestly think that ANY early Nas news right now is too premature. Nas has always been NOTORIOUS for speaking on the early shaping of his albums only for the completed project to be ENTIRELY different.

Remember when he was gonna do the NASdaq Dow Jones album supposedly having a 50 Cent diss? That album eventually became Hip Hop Is Dead...

Remember when for the ****** album he was gonna work with Jermaine Dupri, DJ Khaled, and The Hit-Men? That album ended up with production by NONE of those people

Remember when he was supposedly working with Alex Kidd, Kane Beatz, and Bangledesh for LIG and half the posters on this VERY thread were crying foul? That album of course ended up with No ID and Salaam being the bulk producers...

So right about now its too early to tell, he's still in the early conceptual phase, its still probably a little murky that he'll even drop it this year....

But WHATEVER he does, WHOMEVER he works with, and WHENEVER it drops, I'm expecting greatness:takedat:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is Def Jam. No ID is Def Jam. It would stand to make sense that if Nas were to go with ONE producer for his next album it would be Dion. Dion has had major experience being the sole producer for an entire album (I.e. some of Common's best work) and the beats he had on LIG were universally praised as some of the best production Nas has ever utilized. I personally wouldn't be upset if Nas and Salaam hooked up for an entire album as some of Nas's best work has come out of their collaborations, but I honestly think that ANY early Nas news right now is too premature. Nas has always been NOTORIOUS for speaking on the early shaping of his albums only for the completed project to be ENTIRELY different.

Remember when he was gonna do the NASdaq Dow Jones album supposedly having a 50 Cent diss? That album eventually became Hip Hop Is Dead...

Remember when for the ****** album he was gonna work with Jermaine Dupri, DJ Khaled, and The Hit-Men? That album ended up with production by NONE of those people

Remember when he was supposedly working with Alex Kidd, Kane Beatz, and Bangledesh for LIG and half the posters on this VERY thread were crying foul? That album of course ended up with No ID and Salaam being the bulk producers...

So right about now its too early to tell, he's still in the early conceptual phase, its still probably a little murky that he'll even drop it this year....

But WHATEVER he does, WHOMEVER he works with, and WHENEVER it drops, I'm expecting greatness:takedat:

It is possible that NaS did record and complete tracks with Alex Kidd, Kane Beatz, and Bangledesh. Maybe the tracks they completed didn't fit the LIG concept and will be held, along with the Frank Ocean track, for the next album. Perhaps the sound of those songs was the "current" sound NaS haas recently referred to.

we will see

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
Nas: Illmatic | Album Reviews | Pitchfork

10/10 Best New Re-Issue 2013_ Illmatic

....When people start making greatest rapper lists you can't count to five before Nas' name is mentioned...:obama:
A classic album is supposed to change or define its time. Illmatic did both:win:. The Notorious B.I.G. borrowed everything from art ideas to album structure. It was so blatant that Ghostface and Raekwon dedicated an entire skit to mocking it:pachaha:. Jay-Z took a hot Nas line and made a hot song on Reasonable Doubt. If you listen to Sean Carter before Illmatic, the rat-a-tat is straight from Big Daddy Kane. After Nas dropped, Jay-Z suddenly got smooth:lolbron:. Those are just the two most famous appropriations.
No album better reflected the sound and style of New York, 94. The alembic of soul jazz samples, SP-1200s, broken nose breaks, and raw rap distilled the Henny, no chaser ideal of boom-bap.

....There was no real follow-up to Illmatic because Nas understood that he'd tapped into a moment that could only come once and in one place

Good Read...:myman:

Daps
Pitchfork/Rolling Stone/etc Hip Hop ratings is the equivalent of XXL/The Source rating Nirvana and Radiohead albums..shiit doesnt make sense.

just stay in your fukkin lane cacs

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As NaS ever got this much Pre-Grammy love before?? With all the articles and all of the interviews and talk about the Grammy, it would seems as though he is a shoe-in for at least two.

I know the album (LIG) has gotten critical acclaim but I wonder, of it where not for the Grammy hype, would Nas be jumping right back into the studio. And you know me, I still want my Lost Tapes 2 and I am thinking now that the only thing we may get before the album is something Sony could possibly put out. Word is getting out about his new album and I think they will let anticipation build without a compilation release.