Official Nas Thread

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I deleted SOS and put Trust in its place, like it should had been in the first place. Just like how I switched Game's Letter To The King to Untitled. :whew:

Sidebar, you can tell when certain songs make the album just for radio spins, despite it not fitting with the theme of the album. :rudy:

:mindblown:...why didn't I think of ever doing that...:ohlawd: it just makes sense.

:ahh: ...Life's still good.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
When it comes to switching up album cuts and replacing tracks to make your own album, the best one is Streets Disciple to thrown in Serious, Good Morning, Talk of New York and the original G Rap version of Disciple. If you wanna feel generious throw in Death Anniversary, We March as Millions and It Wasnt You and you can make a better 2nd disc if anyone had a problem with that Disc

I tend to throw Where Y'all At and Swizz Top down version of the N along with The World (Still need that Scientist)

Untitled you can roll with Fear of Mandingo, Be a N Too, Esco Lets go, Cops Keep Firing, The Courthouse, Something Foul...wish we had Colours though

The Gawd gives us i-pod options..

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
I like Summer on Smash to be honest with you. The 2nd verse was flames to me but post your new tracklist for it and i'm going to arrange it and see how it is

1. No Intro
2. Nasty
3. Loco-Motive
4. A Queens Story
5. Accident Murderers
6. Daughters
7. Reach Out
8. You Wouldn't Understand
9. Back When
10. The Don
11. The Black Bond
12. Where's The Love
13. Trust
14. Roses
15. Stay
16. Cherry Wine
17. Bye Baby

Been playing this all morning. :ahh:

Nasty just made a lot of sense at the number two spot. Felt right for someone to ask "y'all ready for Nas?" after a track that required no introduction. Also, I love the juxtaposition of energy on No Introduction and Nasty. The transition of Nasty into Loco-Motive just works, as well--straight ruggedness.

Had to incorporate the Bonus Tracks somewhat; project just felt disjointed with them at the end. In my opinion, subject matter and production-wise, there's no reason why they shouldn't have been included among the Regular Tracks. They fit the mood of the album so I'm perplexed as to why they were left off as "Bonus Tracks." shyt is just unforgivable almost. Where's The Love?? :ohlawd: Don't get me wrong, LIG is still nice as fukk. I just think the Bonus Tracks are standouts and essential to LIG being LIG. Some of the miscues, as I see them at least (forgive my pomposity), take away from the dumb craziness of the project. Don't get me wrong, the shyt is still in the 12th grade reading at a 3rd grade level dumb. It just could've been dumber. If Nas doesn't get a Grammy for best album, it'll be because he included World's an Addiction and SOS and left off those quality Bonus Tracks. With that said, a Grammy doesn't validate his career, nor does it solidify him as one of our supreme lyricists. He's already certified. A Grammy would be nice, though. :manny:

:salute: to Nas bin Olu Dara Jones, though. That man has held me down for a long ass time. :obama: And he's still going strong. :wow:

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
Arkatech Beatz ‏@ARKATECHBEATZ
So one person is producing @nas new album I was told. Hmmmm

Arkatech Beatz ‏@ARKATECHBEATZ @dave_breeze nope. But I wouldn't be surprised if its salaam Remi

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuling

Pro
Daps
Arkatech Beatz ‏@ARKATECHBEATZ
So one person is producing @nas new album I was told. Hmmmm

Arkatech Beatz ‏@ARKATECHBEATZ @dave_breeze nope. But I wouldn't be surprised if its salaam Remi
:usure:
but why

Anyway, if that is the case i want No I.D.

Last edited by a moderator:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
All rumours and speculation at this point. I'm still waiting for the Kane Beatz and Bangladesh records from LIG (but not really)

But if Salaam does do the next album, I dont have a problem with it since he did good work on LIG and if anyone groans about HHID, SD and Untitled, I'd advise them to look at the production credits on those albums and realize Salaam wasnt the one making the lower case wack joints.

Just get Dion on the exec call

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Just noticed the thread title change "Official Nas Thread" :obama:

we did it brehs :salute:

Black Roses

Rookie
Daps
:deadrose:

Would love to see his reactions as he reads all the posts the night this leaked :whoo:

probably a mixture of this

2gufkv6.gif

and this

2c456b82afb7d4dda9fb643fd2b517da.gif

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I threw Summer On Smash back into the playlist, I used to hate that song but it really grew on me. I moved Worlds An Addiction to in between Roses and Where's The Love.

The Don has become one of my favorite Nas tracks too. That shyt go hard.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I was at a dance festival last summer and we walked into one of the tents, the DJ dropped The Don just as we walked in. :wow: :lawd: :dj2: