Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Theres a whole 5 tracks unaccounted for, wish some of you nerds would relax and chill about swizz beats having 2 tracks meaning hes "heavy on the album" nikka shutup :russ:

dudes wanting LES production? :beli:

I dont know if Primo can make a 2012 beat while not making it seem 90s, and go with the theme of life is good.

i'll be :ooh: if we get an alchemist beat though.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Can someone explain this nikkas album cover to me? He's rockin an all white suit...ok...cool...but he's got a dress on his lap and he's got the "pondering" stance. Is he wondering what it would be like to wear that dress? :scusthov:

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
That is Kelis wedding dress
when she left him, that was the only thing she left behind
it was on his Behind The Music for VH1

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Can someone explain this nikkas album cover to me? He's rockin an all white suit...ok...cool...but he's got a dress on his lap and he's got the "pondering" stance. Is he wondering what it would be like to wear that dress? :scusthov:

Some posters are taking this green dress thing too literally..

The reason he released the trailer with all the negative criticism was to let you know that he'll be addressing ALL of these factors on the album. Every single Nas album cover from Illmatic onward encorporates a certain element of symbolisim. This isn't going to be the "Kelis Album", the dress is a metaphor for all the negative things that he has had to weather the past 4 years. The contemplative look on his face symbolizes his recollection, contemplation, and conclusive acceptance of all these factors. After everything he's gone through, the baby mama drama with Carmen. The divorce. The spousal support payments. The public scrutiny. Struggling to be a good single father to a teenaged daughter raised by a woman who feels its acceptable to write tell all freak fest novels (but is upset at a single song dedicated to Destiny:comeon:) the IRS payments. DESPITE all of this, the final conclusion that he comes to is that it's a blessing to be alive. A blessing to be an MC. A blessing that people listen to his music. A blessing that he can work with the Marley family and tour the world. A blessing that after 20 years in the game he's still a relevant force in a fickle, flash in the pan, trend driven industry.

LIFE IS GOOD.:ahh:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
That is Kelis wedding dress
when she left him, that was the only thing she left behind
it was on his Behind The Music for VH1

:ohhh:

dope

I'm conflicted about this album. Nas is clearly back on his bs, but Salaam Remi being all over a Nas album makes me :mjpls: I don't know why Nas thinks so highly of him. Hopefully, I'm proven wrong

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
pondering with a middle finger? hes saying fukk you
:what:

where'd you learn to count? That's clearly his index finger :sitdown:
Some posters are taking this green dress thing too literally..

The reason he released the trailer with all the negative criticism was to let you know that he'll be addressing ALL of these factors on the album. Every single Nas album cover from Illmatic onward encorporates a certain element of symbolisim. This isn't going to be the "Kelis Album", the dress is a metaphor for all the negative things that he has had to weather the past 4 years. The contemplative look on his face symbolizes his recollection, contemplation, and conclusive acceptance of all these factors. After everything he's gone through, the baby mama drama with Carmen. The divorce. The spousal support payments. The public scrutiny. Struggling to be a good single father to a teenaged daughter raised by a woman who feels its acceptable to write tell all freak fest novels (but is upset at a single song dedicated to Destiny:comeon:) the IRS payments. DESPITE all of this, the final conclusion that he comes to is that it's a blessing to be alive. A blessing to be an MC. A blessing that people listen to his music. A blessing that he can work with the Marley family and tour the world. A blessing that after 20 years in the game he's still a relevant force in a fickle, flash in the pan, trend driven industry.

LIFE IS GOOD.:ahh:

:ld: u might wanna take a step back breh....I'm sure on some level it's that deep...but it's not your story to tell

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
:ohhh:

dope

I'm conflicted about this album. Nas is clearly back on his bs, but Salaam Remi being all over a Nas album makes me :mjpls: I don't know why Nas thinks so highly of him. Hopefully, I'm proven wrong

I like Salaam's beats and his production brings out the best of Nas, lyrically.

Made you look
Thiefs theme
What goes around
Street's disciple
Where Y'all At

He was not all over HHID or Untitled. The Salaam hate just became the cool thing to do.

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
:what:

where'd you learn to count? That's clearly his index finger :sitdown:

:ld: u might wanna take a step back breh....I'm sure on some level it's that deep...but it's not your story to tell

u right, i just peeped it again........i def thought it was a middle finger when it first came out