Official Nas Thread

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I like Salaam's beats and his production brings out the best of Nas, lyrically.

Made you look
Thiefs theme
What goes around
Street's disciple
Where Y'all At

He was not all over HHID or Untitled. The Salaam hate just became the cool thing to do.

No...he WAS all over Street's Disciple tho :flabbynsick:

I'm not gonna lie, he has some bangers with Nas...but the bad/bland beats are more numerous than the good ones. I don't even really like the beat on Nasty & The Don but Nas saves the tracks for me

Daps
Salaam produced some bangers on Streets Disciple.

Nazereth Savage, Message to the Feds, Sekou Story, You Know My Style, Street's Disciple, War, Theif's Theme...

Chucky Thompson and LES made all the clunkers; they pretty much ruined that album. Add in the fact that Gnarz scrapped Serious and Talk of New York (both absolute bangers), and it's pretty apparent Remi should have been more involved in that project.

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies
spliff.gif

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
So I asked one of the people that attended the listening session about Summer on Smash

@TheThoughtful1 Is Summer on Smash ft Miguel/Swizz track dope or weak? Some Nas fans are concerned that it ends up ruining the album lol

@cuz4mvp it seemed to flow pretty well to me however there was a break leading up to playing the record. We'll see when it drops

Daps
• Limited Edition, Numbered Notebook Personalized by Nas with exclusive photos and selected art
• Exclusive Life Is Good T-Shirt
• Nas - Life Is Good Deluxe CD (18 Tracks)
• 500 randomly selected notebooks in the box will be signed by Nas!
The Deluxe is 18 tracks. The Standard is likely 15 tracks.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Nazereth Savage, Message to the Feds, Sekou Story, You Know My Style, Street's Disciple, War, Theif's Theme...

Chucky Thompson and LES made all the clunkers; they pretty much ruined that album. Add in the fact that Gnarz scrapped Serious and Talk of New York (both absolute bangers), and it's pretty apparent Remi should have been more involved in that project.

about why serious and talk of new york were scrapped

Last edited by a moderator:

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility

:ohhh: That album as originally conceived...:noah:

Can you imagine an album with...

Thief's Theme
Serious
Talk of New York
Disciple
You Know My Style
Nazareth Savage
Just a Moment
Message to the Feds
Sekou Story
Live Now
Street's Disciple
Suicide Bounce
UBR
(Probably a couple other joints left in the vault)

I know I've chided people for their wanting to "executive produce" Nas's shyt, but gotdamn, we've all probably done it after hearing the shyt that doesn't make the album

It's difficult to comprehend that Nas's discography would somehow have been iller had some of the projects not leaked and/or had he went with the original vision he had for his projects

That's why I hope he is able to keep releasing Lost Tapes because I'm sure he's sitting on a mountain of gems