Official Nas Thread

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Nazereth Savage, Message to the Feds, Sekou Story, You Know My Style, Street's Disciple, War, Theif's Theme...

Chucky Thompson and LES made all the clunkers; they pretty much ruined that album. Add in the fact that Gnarz scrapped Serious and Talk of New York (both absolute bangers), and it's pretty apparent Remi should have been more involved in that project.
Salaam's beats are just ok. Most of his collaborations with Nas are dope tracks because Nas is one of the GOATs...for most it would just be a bland beat. Also, he produced Zone Out :manny:

Daps
:ohhh: That album as originally conceived...:noah:

Can you imagine an album with...

Thief's Theme
Serious
Talk of New York
Disciple
You Know My Style
Nazareth Savage
Just a Moment
Message to the Feds
Sekou Story
Live Now
Street's Disciple
Suicide Bounce
UBR
(Probably a couple other joints left in the vault)

I know I've chided people for their wanting to "executive produce" Nas's shyt, but gotdamn, we've all probably done it after hearing the shyt that doesn't make the album

It's difficult to comprehend that Nas's discography would somehow have been iller had some of the projects not leaked and/or had he went with the original vision he had for his projects

That's why I hope he is able to keep releasing Lost Tapes because I'm sure he's sitting on a mountain of gems

Replace Disciple and Live Now with Foul Breeze and War, and you'd have my playlist. (Even if Live Now is a "sequel" to Sekou Story).

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, this is one stan that's not buying that dumb shyt. :rudy:

Just give me the CD :noah:

Bed$tuy

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth 🇭🇹
Daps
Reppin
BedStuy, Brooklyn
I guess I'm the only person that bought the collectors box set. I hope I'm one of the 500 random buyers that gets it signed by NaS.

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Amazon and Bestbuy will sell the deluxe version anyways. If "Another Black Girl Lost" is on the deluxe, I'm copping the standard version and will continue to pretend that song doesn't exist.