Official Nas Thread

Daps
I'm a negative dude but come on, hating on Swizz before you hear the track is weak brehs. He had some good beats on WTT, he's capable of more than dance shyt. I trust Nas here. We knew there would be a commercial track or two, IMO thank god it's not Chris Brown.

I'm not even hating on swizz. Gnarz has always been better at doing his own hooks; this entire concept sounds like "braveheart party" all over again. Considering that Miguel recorded while gnarz wasn't even in the studio with him...

W/e at least the second swizz track might be a banger.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Smh @ me coming to the thread like I always do to get the latest info on Nas album and then having to sift through you soft fakkit ass nikkas bytch and moan like c*nts yall are. Why dont you queers shut the fukk up while nikkas trying to read info on the album:angry:

This. :smh: @ me thinking there was actual news about the album, nah just more bytching and moaning

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
I'm not even hating on swizz. Gnarz has always been better at doing his own hooks; this entire concept sounds like "braveheart party" all over again. Considering that Miguel recorded while gnarz wasn't even in the studio with him...

W/e at least the second swizz track might be a banger.

Why compare it to a track with Jungle and Wiz?

People who heard "Summer on Smash" said it sounded good/great. No one would say that about "Braveheart Party".

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
There's a reason why a lot of big rappers don't fukk with Premo now. Jay has rejected like 100 Premo beats in the past 10 years. 50 took a beat from Premo and used it as a throwaway song. Kanye rejected a beat as well. Luda and Game are the only big name rappers to put Premo on their albums in years. He's one dimensional now and I'd rather see Nas work with No I.D who's much better than Premo is now.

Daps
Why compare it to a track with Jungle and Wiz?

People who heard "Summer on Smash" said it sounded good/great. No one would say that about "Braveheart Party".

Because it was a Swizz track aimed at clubs just like this one?

We've already established that these industry insiders shamelessly dikkride all the time. I'm going off my experience of what gnarz does and does not do well.

Street bangers? He can do that
Introspective tracks? Of course
Creative concept/storytelling? One of the best at it
Club bangers? :childplease:

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Because it was a Swizz track aimed at clubs just like this one?

We've already established that these industry insiders shamelessly dikkride all the time. I'm going off my experience of what gnarz does and does not do well.

Street bangers? He can do that
Introspective tracks? Of course
Creative concept/storytelling? One of the best at it
Club bangers? :childplease:

It's suppose to be a fun, feel-good song. I'm not sure that "club banger" was the aim.

Daps
It's suppose to be a fun, feel-good song. I'm not sure that "club banger" was the aim.

:usure:

"...whilst “Summer On Smash” features Miguel – the latter’s producer Swizz joining Nas onstage to play hype man and announce, “We come up from the streets… and in the streets we have fun too – this is our Hip Hop fun record,” before bounding back into snippets of the lively, club track baring a frivolous, feel-good chorus ["look at baby girl showing her ass," "neck got a whole lotta glass," etc]."

It's only 1 out of 15. Expecting no skips is too much at this point.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From the description given of the Nas/Miguel track, it seems like they'll sound like this:

^^^ The Cassidy tracks are decent. I don't like the chorus on the Fat Joe track, but the Confunkshun sample on the verses is sick. Those are R&B/Hip Hop hybrid club tracks that are Swizz productions with a summer time vibe. This one also comes to mind:

^^^ Hopefully it's of this caliber even though Miguel is a far cry from Ron Isley dope, he's still dope in his own right.

Why are people pigeon-holing Swizz as a club/party track producer? Swizz has done a lot of songs for artists that were nowhere near club/party songs. Swizz came up on doing street anthems like "Banned From T.V.", "Jigga My nikka", "Ruff Ryders Anthem", "Down Bottom", "WW III", and "Twisted Heat". DMX's "You Could Be Blind" and Shyne's "S.H.Y.N.E." are crazy too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
There's a reason why a lot of big rappers don't fukk with Premo now. Jay has rejected like 100 Premo beats in the past 10 years. 50 took a beat from Premo and used it as a throwaway song. Kanye rejected a beat as well. Luda and Game are the only big name rappers to put Premo on their albums in years. He's one dimensional now and I'd rather see Nas work with No I.D who's much better than Premo is now.

what about this

Last edited by a moderator:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
So just because he has a line about phat asses it's automatically a bad song? How can life really be good without phat asses?

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was listening to some NIN, and it dawned on me how Swizz always have those terrible time changes in his beats.

How in the world will Nas flow keep up with that.

It's funny how earlier we were trying to figure out the third producer, only for it to be a Swizzy. :rudy:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Whats the point of waiting if we have the whole album?

I will just be waiting until the full leak comes out, not listening to it song by song.