Official Nas Thread

H.S.

All Star
Daps
True but you could tell which part was RZA's on Dark Fantasy (those pianos and drums screamed RZA, while the orchestration and vocal work were Kanye/No ID).

Which did he give to Kendrick, I don't remember

"Ronald Reagan Era"

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald

Daps
Swizz song is a street track like Made You Look, not a club song

Stop complaining

at least it's not Alex Da Kid or those Young Money producers

Their are some "Nasty Nas" songs on here according to the people at the listening session (Train by No ID)

Nobody likes Premo

Daps

Stop complaining

Their are some "Nasty Nas" songs on here according to the people at the listening session (Train by No ID)

Nobody likes Premo

The street track is the second swizz track ("Street shyt"). The track with Miguel will be trash. With 15 tracks its too much to hope for no skips.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm a negative dude but come on, hating on Swizz before you hear the track is weak brehs. He had some good beats on WTT, he's capable of more than dance shyt. I trust Nas here. We knew there would be a commercial track or two, IMO thank god it's not Chris Brown.

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay-z fans want jay to drop a dope album
TI fans want TI to drop a dope album
Snoop fans want Snoop to drop a dope album
Wiz khalifa fans want Wiz to drop a dope album

Nas "fans" want Nas to work with Preem, Pete, Large Pro, L.E.S, Alchemist with guest appearances by Az, and Cormega. the album doesn't even have to be good album.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how Nas was originally "supposed" to work with producers like Alchemist, Madlib, RZA, JUSTICE League, Just Blaze, etc to gettin this nikka Swizz Beatz on the album....

That's a travesty....seems like Swizz is all over the album now...Nas might as well make him the Executive producer....

The last thing I wanna hear on a Nas album is a historically "party/club" producer like Swizz playin Hype man and his monkey ass shoutin all over tracks...

It's all politics tho.....Def Jam probably forced Nas to work with him to get hits and sales....because as someone said Swizz came in after most of the recording was already done on some 11th hour sh1t

nas makes albums with people who come to the studio and actually build with him. nikkaz who send him beats never make the album. thats why pete rock never got a second chance. its always been that way. i dont know how yall aint know this.

i personally want to hear nas on rza, but unless rza is there going in the studio with him it aint gonna happen.

and nas already told premo that the beats he was giving him didn't fit with the theme, so that is what it is.

and as far as swizz, i dont give a fuk, so long as the shyt is dope, and he has made some dope records. everybody is hit and miss, primo, rza, salaam, no ID, alc, pete rock, large pro, les, dr dre, they all have some weak shyt to their resume. so long as nas gets good shyt i dont care who made the beat

one mic was produced by nas and chucky thompson and thats one of my favorite nas joints ever

-InFeRnO-

#TPC onetime4yamind
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
I don't know how Nas was originally "supposed" to work with producers like Alchemist, Madlib, RZA, JUSTICE League, Just Blaze, etc to gettin this nikka Swizz Beatz on the album....

That's a travesty....seems like Swizz is all over the album now...Nas might as well make him the Executive producer....

The last thing I wanna hear on a Nas album is a historically "party/club" producer like Swizz playin Hype man and his monkey ass shoutin all over tracks...

It's all politics tho.....Def Jam probably forced Nas to work with him to get hits and sales....because as someone said Swizz came in after most of the recording was already done on some 11th hour sh1t

he's on 2 tracks, and you haven't heard them

relax.. yall some bytches forreal

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
nas makes albums with people who come to the studio and actually build with him. nikkaz who send him beats never make the album. thats why pete rock never got a second chance. its always been that way. i dont know how yall aint know this.

i personally want to hear nas on rza, but unless rza is there going in the studio with him it aint gonna happen.

not necesarily, eminem sent a beat for god son and it made the album

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Stop complaining

Nobody likes Premo
:wtf:

:why:

:rudy:

:childplease:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Some of y'all sounding real emotional right now about songs you've never even HEARD to hate on:facepalm:

All this "we we well...Nas SHOULD WORK WITH PRIMO CAUSE THAT'S WHAT I WANT!!" belly aching are not TRUE fans, simply people who want to further pigeon-hole the artist into what YOU THINK they should be doing.

Again, Nas is an ARTIST who has been at this for TWENTY YEARS. The man spit his first 16 on wax at the age of 16 and is still putting out albums at damn near 40. Still relevant, still headlining shows, still selling records, still reaching a national platform with his art. Who the hell are WE to speak as if this dude doesn't know what the hell he's doing?:why:

Nas will work with whomever, whenever and however he wants. The album is HIS VISION. Not yours, not mine, not Premo's or Pete Rocks or Alchemist's. Every single time for the past 10 years or so this has not been a secret, Nas has done pretty much whatever the hell he feels like doing at the time and the albums he releases are always reflective of his state of mind at the particular moment. If producer A doesn't fit that vision and Producer B does, then is he supposed to listen to the thousands of dikk riders and naysayers complaining on the Internet all day about "Why you can't make another Illmatic/It Was Written/Stillmatic/ etc" or is he supposed to go with his instinct? INSTINCT has gotten him this far, not the opinions of others.

The album will be as ALL NAS ALBUMS HAVE BEEN. A reflection of his mentality to capture a moment in his life. Either take it or leave it, if you ride with it then buy the album, if not then skip it. Simple as that

Jet

Banned
Daps
Some of y'all sounding real emotional right now about songs you've never even HEARD to hate on:facepalm:

All this "we we well...Nas SHOULD WORK WITH PRIMO CAUSE THAT'S WHAT I WANT!!" belly aching are not TRUE fans, simply people who want to further pigeon-hole the artist into what YOU THINK they should be doing.

Again, Nas is an ARTIST who has been at this for TWENTY YEARS. The man spit his first 16 on wax at the age of 16 and is still putting out albums at damn near 40. Still relevant, still headlining shows, still selling records, still reaching a national platform with his art. Who the hell are WE to speak as if this dude doesn't know what the hell he's doing?:why:

Nas will work with whomever, whenever and however he wants. The album is HIS VISION. Not yours, not mine, not Premo's or Pete Rocks or Alchemist's. Every single time for the past 10 years or so this has not been a secret, Nas has done pretty much whatever the hell he feels like doing at the time and the albums he releases are always reflective of his state of mind at the particular moment. If producer A doesn't fit that vision and Producer B does, then is he supposed to listen to the thousands of dikk riders and naysayers complaining on the Internet all day about "Why you can't make another Illmatic/It Was Written/Stillmatic/ etc" or is he supposed to go with his instinct? INSTINCT has gotten him this far, not the opinions of others.

The album will be as ALL NAS ALBUMS HAVE BEEN. A reflection of his mentality to capture a moment in his life. Either take it or leave it, if you ride with it then buy the album, if not then skip it. Simple as that

:myman:

RoseWooD

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smh @ me coming to the thread like I always do to get the latest info on Nas album and then having to sift through you soft fakkit ass nikkas bytch and moan like c*nts yall are. I dont post much but you gay ass nikkas need women in yall lives, friends, hobbies, something. Why dont you queers shut the fukk up while nikkas trying to read info on the album:angry: