Official Nas Thread

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
Because a lot of the time the fans are the ones who been riding with the artists for a long time, so they have a feel for what type of music they are accustomed to and want.

Nobody wants to hear Nas over a Swizz beatz club track....

They wanna hear that Illmatic/Stillmatic Nas over a L.E.S. or Primo or Alchemist beat

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because a lot of the time the fans are the ones who been riding with the artists for a long time, so they have a feel for what type of music they are accustomed to and want.

They wanna hear that Illmatic/Stillmatic Nas over a L.E.S. or Primo or Alchemist beat

Exactly.

Swizz :rudy:

I guess those Rza, Premo, and ALC beats will be left on the cutting room floor along with his other unreleased gems :beli:

Whatever...June. 17 :noah:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Premo and Rza fell off a long time ago. No disrespect to them, because they're two of the best to ever do it. But the fact people are still clamoring for those collabs shows fans care too much about the name of the producer. If the music is good, I could care less who produced it. With that said I hope Alchemist is on the album too. lol

Daps

L.E.S has given garbage beats to Nas more than anyone else.

I don't want to hear Primo or L.E.S. with Nas anymore, to tell you the truth. There's more than enough of those tracks.

I wouldn't even mind Swizz, that "Street shyt" song sounds dope. However, this "Summer on Smash" sounds like a terrible record all around from the concept presented. Seems like "Braveheart Party" all over again.

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
I don't want to hear Primo or L.E.S. with Nas anymore, to tell you the truth. There's more than enough of those tracks.

I wouldn't even mind Swizz, that "Street shyt" song sounds dope. However, this "Summer on Smash" sounds like a terrible record all around from the concept presented. Seems like "Braveheart Party" all over again.

Some dude said Nas' flow was ill and crazy smoothe on the "summer on smash" track. He said the flow was even better than the "triple beam dreams" one.

Edit: not sure which Swizz track he was referring to. Might've been the other one.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
you know why we want premo or alchemist so bad, it's because it been fukking 10 YEARS since we didn't have any collabs between them (i don't count classic, regenaration or get it forever), it's not like we had a least one or two primo per album, it's been too long man. And Primo especially, I watched him givin ill beats to garbage or average rappers and be like, damn, it's like feeding pigs with caviar man, it's too much frustration.
And the other thing is Nas kept trolling us by saying other the years, I want to work with the beatles, with rza again, with jay elec, with primo, with alc, with az, and when time is come to deliver, you see cats comin from nowhere you can expect from nas' circle/vibe like alex da kid or pollow the don or swizz (he didn't called him while the cat was in his prime and now 2012, the guy is pretty much washed up and boom I'ma hook up with this guy)

If he had said, well I don't want primo beats, I'm not in that mood no more, fans would have understand and moved on by now, but no, he maintained the hope and continuesly disapointed us album after album with no primo presence, like he's happy to play us

Remember, he's the guy who didn't performed on lauryn hill's album because he didn't realize he could have made history on beeing the only rapper on that legendary album, he's the one who passed on waiting for the world to end beat and we gonna make it beat. He's the one who let beautiful tracks made the lost tapes instead of puting them in the album. Don't get me wrong he delivered great stuff, but he's THE definition of frustation when you think about how much material he could have deliver

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Premo and Rza fell off a long time ago. No disrespect to them, because they're two of the best to ever do it. But the fact people are still clamoring for those collabs shows fans care too much about the name of the producer. If the music is good, I could care less who produced it. With that said I hope Alchemist is on the album too. lol

I'd agree on Premo to a certain degree - the god is still capable of making a dope head thumper, but overall his shyt just sounds worse and worse. It's like if you were to measure Premo beats by head nods per second, he started out at like 240/second but is now around 0.7/second.

RZA did some great stuff on Dark Fantasy and his beat on WTT isn't bad. Plus he's been working on that kung fu picture so I bet he's inspired as hell in terms of samples

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
to me it's like it was written, no ID and Sallaam are like the trackmasters, they bring the smoothness to the album and the global cohesiveness, because they handle 60% of teh production, but nas need a little bit of Alchemist and/or primo like he had havoc to bring the little of epic/hardcore touch that the album need to be balanced and not sound too bright like be by common

H.S.

All Star
Daps
RZA did some great stuff on Dark Fantasy and his beat on WTT isn't bad. Plus he's been working on that kung fu picture so I bet he's inspired as hell in terms of samples

Dark Fantasy and So Appalled are incredible. But they were co-produced by No ID and a bunch of others. That beat on WTT was pretty average. So was the one he gave to Kendrick.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Dark Fantasy and So Appalled are incredible. But they were co-produced by No ID and a bunch of others. That beat on WTT was pretty average. So was the one he gave to Kendrick.

True but you could tell which part was RZA's on Dark Fantasy (those pianos and drums screamed RZA, while the orchestration and vocal work were Kanye/No ID).

Which did he give to Kendrick, I don't remember

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
fukk Premo and LES. Nas needa link up with Alc, No ID Justice League and The Inkredibles among otheres