Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
What did he say on 106
Actually nothing new about the album was revealed. He performed Daughters, then Terrance asked him what was the inspiration behind the album cover and how does having a teenage daughter affect how he records his music since she's now old enough to understand his music, then he asked how did come about for him to be included in some new movie that Ice T has out, then he asked is his music a source of therapy since a lot of his songs are personal and he reveals a lot about himself though his songs, then finally he asked why should we buy his album on July 17th, and he said because "Life Is Good" END OF INTERVIEW. Here's the link:

http://www.rap-up.com/2012/06/15/nas-performs-daughters-on-106-park/

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
nah he keeping it QB, blue and orange is the queensbridge houses colors.

2iktjyt.jpg

2ldeumw.jpg

but i know i know, folks gotta complain about something

:obama: ok fair enough

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I read the listening party descriptions anyway, I couldn't help it.

It seems like Swizz heavy involvement came way after Nas finished with his original recordings of Life Is Good.

Nas replacing the AZ song for a Swizz/Miguel one :beli:

This better be Ruff Ryders and I Get High Swizz :rudy:

I can't wait to hear Nas over the orchestra beat :noah:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
For all the hate he gets and all the personal L's he's taken, you still have to admit he keeps it 100% hip hop... Not many rappers get me this hyped for a release...

Ronald

Daps
Nas replacing the AZ song for a Swizz/Miguel one :beli::

yall should read through this thread instead of posting sh!t like this

the people at the listening session only heard 13 tracks

there are still 5 others we haven't heard, and AZ could be on one of them. He said already the features are Ross and AZ

anyway

one of the songs samples Isaac Hayes - Ike's Mood

Nas freestyles over a beat that sampled this around the time Illmatic dropped

Last edited by a moderator:

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I read the listening party descriptions anyway, I couldn't help it.

It seems like Swizz heavy involvement came way after Nas finished with his original recordings of Life Is Good.

Nas replacing the AZ song for a Swizz/Miguel one :beli:

This better be Ruff Ryders and I Get High Swizz :rudy:

I can't wait to hear Nas over the orchestra beat :noah:

Did I miss something, where was it mentioned or who said that??

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
I don't know how Nas was originally "supposed" to work with producers like Alchemist, Madlib, RZA, JUSTICE League, Just Blaze, etc to gettin this nikka Swizz Beatz on the album....

That's a travesty....seems like Swizz is all over the album now...Nas might as well make him the Executive producer....

The last thing I wanna hear on a Nas album is a historically "party/club" producer like Swizz playin Hype man and his monkey ass shoutin all over tracks...

It's all politics tho.....Def Jam probably forced Nas to work with him to get hits and sales....because as someone said Swizz came in after most of the recording was already done on some 11th hour sh1t

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
I don't know how Nas was originally "supposed" to work with producers like Alchemist, Madlib, RZA, JUSTICE League, Just Blaze, etc to gettin this nikka Swizz Beatz on the album....

That's a travesty....seems like Swizz is all over the album now...Nas might as well make him the Executive producer....

The last thing I wanna hear on a Nas album is a historically "party/club" producer like Swizz playin Hype man and his monkey ass shoutin all over tracks...

It's all politics tho.....Def Jam probably forced Nas to work with him to get hits and sales....because as someone said Swizz came in after most of the recording was already done on some 11th hour sh1t

He's on 2 tracks. If they're fire, they're fire.

Justice League did the intro.

Swizz and Nas put the finishing touches on the tracks recently but it was reported that they were in the studio a while back.

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
Well if the album is 15+ tracks then I guess I can live with 2 Swizz tracks if they are fire....but dude lately has a suspect track record....he reminds me of DJ Khaled a lot where he shouts all over the tracks actin like some glorified hype man and his beats historically have been party/club tracks....

I really hope that the song with AZ makes the album and hopefully we can get atleast 1 Alchemist beat.....

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Why does it seem like Nas is the only artist where everyone tries to executive produce his shyt?

shyt is crazy. Here is an artist whose been going strong for TWENTY YEARS going Platinum/Gold every single time out and so called "fans" think they know what's best.

Sit down shut up and enjoy the music...

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
shyt is crazy. Here is an artist whose been going strong for TWENTY YEARS going Platinum/Gold every single time out and so called "fans" think they know what's best.

Sit down shut up and enjoy the music...

thank you!
thank gawd somebody gets it..