Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Queens baby!!! Springfield, Jamaica

i'm lat on all the Nas love but dude is easily the goat rap music has become so batty hole that the best ever will tell him he's that dude with this album

StreetDawah

Alhamdulillah
Daps
I've given this album some time to sink in and :wow: there's not one weak track on here.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
30k for the third week (and that's not counting the digital sales this week yet)

I think he'll go gold by the fall. Not bad all things considered but hopefully word of mouth and the positive response gets people out there to support

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Nas has the worst marketing team, every album since Gods Son would've sold way more if they timed his singles right.

Still SMH at the 'Can't Forget About You' video dropping months after HHID and mid-summer...

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas has the worst marketing team, every album since Gods Son would've sold way more if they timed his singles right.

Still SMH at the 'Can't Forget About You' video dropping months after HHID and mid-summer...

Since God's son?

"I am" could've easily gone triple Platinum if Nas/Columbia knew what they're doing:

1- Nas released the "street" single/video "Nas is Like" a month before "I am".

2- Nas released the hit single/video "Hate me now", but due to the controversial nature of the video, MTV banned the video only a couple of days after its premier. the ban fukked up the huge potential of the song. "Hate me now" was still big but it didn't catch the casual mtv viewers as much it could've.

So what did Nas and columbia do about that? NOTHING. Nas went on to promote "Belly" and then stay low as he usually did back then.

why did he have the radio-ready Timbland produced Aaliyah (who was hot off her hit "are you that somebody") feautured "You won't see me tonight" on his album then?

Keep in mind that was back then when Hit Single = record sales
Black Rob went platinum because he had a hit.

With that being said, "I am" stayed no.1 for two weeks.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

I dont know, I think the team that he's with right now have done the best they could leading up to the release. Everyone is saying good stuff about the album and he was visible for this promo run than argubaly before, its just a matter of the current climate and being away solo wise for 4 years.

Also I wonder if he will make anymore videos/singles since he did 3 before the album.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Since God's son?

"I am" could've easily gone triple Platinum if Nas/Columbia knew what they're doing:

1- Nas released the "street" single/video "Nas is Like" a month before "I am".

2- Nas released the hit single/video "Hate me now", but due to the controversial nature of the video, MTV banned the video only a couple of days after its premier. the ban fukked up the huge potential of the song. "Hate me now" was still big but it didn't catch the casual mtv viewers as much it could've.

So what did Nas and columbia do about that? NOTHING. Nas went on to promote "Belly" and then stay low as he usually did back then.

why did he have the radio-ready Timbland produced Aaliyah (who was hot off her hit "are you that somebody") feautured "You won't see me tonight" on his album then?

Keep in mind that was back then when Hit Single = record sales
Black Rob went platinum because he had a hit.

With that being said, "I am" stayed no.1 for two weeks.

Should have been a video for this :sadbron:

Are his next singles for Life Is Good confirmed, yet?

Cherry Wine has to be next up. :noah:

Daps
Yo, please stop complaining about marketing teams and such.. and potential "hit" singles..Its 2012 and people dont check for Nas like that anymore..sad but true for the GOAT.

Taking a 4 year hiatus cost him some sales too..

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, please stop complaining about marketing teams and such.. and potential "hit" singles..Its 2012 and people dont check for Nas like that anymore..sad but true for the GOAT.

Taking a 4 year hiatus cost him some sales too..

actually you're wrong. KIDS dont check for nas. ADULTS do.
there's a difference.

see this is the problem with so called hiphop fans thinking. there's a reason why old head rock groups can rock out into their 50's and 60's. disappear from the scene for 10 yrs. drop a hot one and be back on top. the MUSIC is respected. no one cares "they havent be around for years. no one is checking for them."
the idea that everything hiphop has to be 100% trendy for little kids is nonsense. rap has been around to long, the dudes making the music are way grown. so sorry to tell you. other people are checking for Nas. and thats exactly the way it should be.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
thank god i didn't purchase this... it's already lost it's replay value... nas can rap... but the album gets boring and old quick... i don't care about the surgeon who's wife left him and now he needs a vacation.. take that depressing shyt elsewhere.. i'm throwing ab-soul back on..

:childplease::childplease::childplease:

I got a 2 hour drive ahead of me later on, time to throw on some LIG.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
why the fukk they shot a vid for Bye Baby and aren't doing Chery Wine is beyond me :ohlawd: I hope someone at Def Jam knows wtf they're doing ... and where's the Bye Baby video/single... :ohlawd: