Official Nas Thread

Daps
actually you're wrong. KIDS dont check for nas. ADULTS do.
there's a difference.

So kids without money buy albums? and grown ass men with jobs dont buy albums? :ehh:

200k in 3 weeks is mad weak for a legend like Nas, man..It hurts my heart to see this classic album struggle like this.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
there's a difference.

see this is the problem with so called hiphop fans thinking. there's a reason why old head rock groups can rock out into their 50's and 60's. disappear from the scene for 10 yrs. drop a hot one and be back on top. the MUSIC is respected. no one cares "they havent be around for years. no one is checking for them."
the idea that everything hiphop has to be 100% trendy for little kids is nonsense. rap has been around to long, the dudes making the music are way grown. so sorry to tell you. other people are checking for Nas. and thats exactly the way it should be.

finally someone on this board who understands...

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
So kids without money buy albums? and grown ass men with jobs dont buy albums? :ehh:

200k in 3 weeks is mad weak for a legend like Nas, man..It hurts my heart to see this classic album struggle like this.

Nas content is no for kids. they cant relate to marriage and more importantly the feel of the 90's.

Some of y'all forget that the avg 18 year old was like 6 or 7 when Nas did Ether. They dont really know no fukkin Illmatic days or IWW. Whole new generation. Some kids have the ability to pick up on older shyt and like it. The majority dont.

Nas said himself, Im not catering to young shyt. He knows his age and embraces it.

Broccoli Rob

TTG LOL
Daps
Reppin
BX
Nas content is no for kids. they cant relate to marriage and more importantly the feel of the 90's.

Some of y'all forget that the avg 18 year old was like 6 or 7 when Nas did Ether. They dont really know no fukkin Illmatic days or IWW. Whole new generation. Some kids have the ability to pick up on older shyt and like it. The majority dont.

Nas said himself, Im not catering to young shyt. He knows his age and embraces it.

Totally true...

The irony being that these youngsters would be absorbing a lot more jewels if they DID try to extend themselves a little and get into Nas. Learn a little something about conducting one's self as a man.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
why the fukk they shot a vid for Bye Baby and aren't doing Chery Wine is beyond me :ohlawd: I hope someone at Def Jam knows wtf they're doing ... and where's the Bye Baby video/single... :ohlawd:
Cherry Wine def should be a single and needs a video....that's got Grammy written all over it if they release it to the masses as a single

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm failing to see how a "hiatus" hurt Nas sales. First of all, WHAT hiatus? He dropped Distant Relatives in 2010 and the normal cycle for Nas albums has ALWAYS been 2 years. Secondly, he debuted with higher numbers first week than Usher, Chris Brown and Frank fakkit. 2 of them are MAJOR pop stars with heavy crossover appeal and the other is a Queen going for the Lady Gaga demographic. Are we SERIOUSLY going to consider this in any shape form or fashion a flop? :rudy: An album with NO top ten hit singles going number 1 is pretty damn great in this day and age..

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
thank god i didn't purchase this... it's already lost it's replay value... nas can rap... but the album gets boring and old quick... i don't care about the surgeon who's wife left him and now he needs a vacation.. take that depressing shyt elsewhere.. i'm throwing ab-soul back on..

I listened to the ab-soul after really liking the pineal gland track.

I was dissapointed by the album. he seems like an intelligent guy but his commercial flows and simple rhyme structure hurt the underlying theme of intelligence

we can't speak about chakras and mind control with that type of childish approach. there is room for growth though and I hope he goes the opposite direction of danny brown.

I respect your opinion and I prefer nas LP over ab-soul's but to say you don't care about the depressed doctor is moot when you care about bibles in gucci bags.

I find absoul album more depressing because it seems he hides behind drugs instead of truly expressing himself.

if nas had a song titled SOPA it would not be littered with more drug and sex references then the actual topic at hand. I appreciate absouls effort though.

grock2727

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there's a difference.

see this is the problem with so called hiphop fans thinking. there's a reason why old head rock groups can rock out into their 50's and 60's. disappear from the scene for 10 yrs. drop a hot one and be back on top. the MUSIC is respected. no one cares "they havent be around for years. no one is checking for them."
the idea that everything hiphop has to be 100% trendy for little kids is nonsense. rap has been around to long, the dudes making the music are way grown. so sorry to tell you. other people are checking for Nas. and thats exactly the way it should be.

That's not true either, I'm in my mid-30s and all I know are people in my age group and I've had to put many-a-nygga onto LIG. They either didn't know about it or just didn't care enough to check it out. The most common thing I hear is "I fuk with "The Don" but I havent heard the album. It sucks cuz he deserves better but it is what it is.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I listened to the ab-soul after really liking the pineal gland track.

I was dissapointed by the album. he seems like an intelligent guy but his commercial flows and simple rhyme structure hurt the underlying theme of intelligence

we can't speak about chakras and mind control with that type of childish approach. there is room for growth though and I hope he goes the opposite direction of danny brown.

I respect your opinion and I prefer nas LP over ab-soul's but to say you don't care about the depressed doctor is moot when you care about bibles in gucci bags.

I find absoul album more depressing because it seems he hides behind drugs instead of truly expressing himself.

if nas had a song titled SOPA it would not be littered with more drug and sex references then the actual topic at hand. I appreciate absouls effort though.

fukk all that, ab-soul killed that album and opened up quite a bit. it felt like he really found his lane on CS and i bump LIG and CS back to back.

and cherry wine could use a video, but im not mad bye baby is getting one.

E-MAC

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need a download link of that Nas/Arlissa joint, it's incredible how Nas has consistantly been killing his features these past few years.