Daps
it doesn't rate 5 mics in the sense of illmatic, aquemini etc

but in the sense of MBDTF and 2001 that also got 5 mics it's certainly worthy

Never Broke Again

Save stuff for the 2020 Posty's
Daps
Reppin
DC
Holding back the review and talking it up like its something special and then giving it the same 4.5 every album gets :skip:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So many gems on this album, but I think my absolute favorite is Locomotive. "fukk your ice i rock rupees, amethyst, I fukk your wife cause she a groupie, scandalous" :gladbron:

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
the goat getting that social media money.. y'all seen after rapgenius he's promoting The Fancy

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
shyt REALLY got me heated. Lil fukking Kim and Bun B get 5 Mics but Life Is Good doesn't???!?? The fukk kind of sense does that make?:wtf::wtf:

And yes I'm highly :umad: before anybody say shyt. This album deserves to be championed as the classic it is by all Hip Hop publications, for the past 20 years he man's work has unfairly been scrutinized and compared to Illmatic, in the next 20 years his work needs to be compared to Life Is Good ans the NEW benchmark for a classic hip hop album...

:pacspit: at the Source.

I didn't know they were still in circulation.

Honestly, Summer On shyt brings down the rating. Why on earth was Trust a bonus Itune song instead of segue between Worlds Addiction and You Wouldn't Understand? One never will know.

Anyways.

Life Is Good :ahh:

it doesn't rate 5 mics in the sense of illmatic, aquemini etc

but in the sense of MBDTF and 2001 that also got 5 mics it's certainly worthy

:to: The Source exploited our vulnerability breh's....They knew Nas stans were going hard on Twitter and they used us to Tweet about the magazine knowing damn well they wasnt givin us that 5 mics...

Kim Osorio, I know u reading this thread...
2pac-spit.gif
fukk The Source and anybody that love em

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if Summer on smash was terrible, LIG had 17 (18 if you count the brilliant Trust) great songs. A terrible song out of 19 shouldn't stop an album from being classic.

Since when Classic albums have to be perfect?

Straight outta Compton had "something 2 dance 2"
Reasonable doubt had "ain't no nygga"
and so on

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:to: The Source exploited our vulnerability breh's....They knew Nas stans were going hard on Twitter and they used us to Tweet about the magazine knowing damn well they wasnt givin us that 5 mics...

Kim Osorio, I know u reading this thread...
2pac-spit.gif
fukk The Source and anybody that love em

Exactly man! I fell for it even tho I ain't read a page from their magazine since stillmatic...I actually wouldn't be mad at the 4.5 if the review was actually good, but u can tell it was written by an amateur who doesn't even have half the skills of a small time blogger...

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
NaS Loco-motive intro was inspired by Sade Feel No Pain.
I also know who he was talking about in the song.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Weeks later, album is still dope.

but I wish Nas had of kept that AZ track, added Trust in place of that Mary J track and got rid of that garbage Swizz beats joint. Track sounds like something Jay Z or Jim Jones would make, not Nasir's style at all