Official Nas Thread

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So kids without money buy albums? and grown ass men with jobs dont buy albums? :ehh:

200k in 3 weeks is mad weak for a legend like Nas, man..It hurts my heart to see this classic album struggle like this.

how's is that mad weak? in the climate of hiphop sells overall?

the climate of club songs and I got money songs. i mean yall ranting and raving about a new Ross song every 3 weeks. and that fool says the exact same thing every song. but let yall tell it. he's the greatest since biggie.

i'm listening to this fool on this Nas album like really ROSS. you had a nice flow, but couldnt even stick to the topic at hand. its called Accident Murders. not "nucca i'm rich"

wrong song Ross. or is it the fact that ross has 100 of these same type of songs saved up on his laptop somewhere. and yall going crazy over all of them like they are actually different when they're not.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
LiG sales are not weak.

Name me a rapper not named Jay-Z who's been in it as long as Nas and still sells this much on his 10th album out... Don't worry I'll wait :yeshrug:

Thing is, I believe Nas could've sold more.

Drop 'Cherry Wine' three weeks before the album drops and that's already an entire new fanbase wanting to check you out.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I need a download link of that Nas/Arlissa joint, it's incredible how Nas has consistantly been killing his features these past few years.

[ame=http://www.sharebeast.com/l96sv5hfabx9]Arlissa vs Nas - Hard To Love Somebody.mp3[/ame]

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
LiG sales are not weak.

Name me a rapper not named Jay-Z who's been in it as long as Nas and still sells this much on his 10th album out... Don't worry I'll wait :yeshrug:

Thing is, I believe Nas could've sold more.

Drop 'Cherry Wine' three weeks before the album drops and that's already an entire new fanbase wanting to check you out.

And its funny... Snoop who is waaaaaay more known outside of hip hop, sales aint fukkin wit Nas at this point

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Dont worry about the sales. The bottom line is this is the most loved Nas album in years, people just cant be bothered to cop records like that aside from a handful dudes anyway (who themselves should be diamond).

I think the good perception from this album will help out the sales of his next one.

Let that legend cook.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
The real reason that Nas didn't sell more is because MOST of his fans didn't buy the record, despite it receiving overwhelming critical acclaim. He has nearly a million followers on Twitter. Fans want pure music but don't want to pay for it, and it's a damn shame.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nasty, The Don, Daughters, are the first three singles. Back When should be next just to keep the oldschool/newschool theme going.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
fukk the sales, I want dude to win a Grammy off this album

Nas gonna make his money touring as always.