Official Nas Thread

BossMobb

Knewgoat the novel every Black American should own
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Outside of concept tracks, this album is definitely better than Untitled. Lyrics for nas is always there and I'm still letting this album sink in on that aspect, so I won't compare that, but otherwise:

Better beats
Way more blackout Nas flows
More cohesive
Less weak tracks, despite having more tracks overall
Better overall guest appearances

I don't think it's even a question really.

I agree with most of your points. Although i think Untitled is more cohesive. His blackout flows that u speak of might be most impressive and shocking thing about this album.

PasteGod

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with most of your points. Although i think Untitled is more cohesive. His blackout flows that u speak of might be most impressive and shocking thing about this album.

Agreed Untitled was way more cohesive with less filler. Nas flow is top notch on LIG though.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

While I definitely thought Untitled was very cohesive (I think it was one of my praises when it first dropped too actually), I think this one got it here cuz of the lesser amount of weak tracks. Upon first listen, even then, with Untitled there was like 3-4 tracks that I didn't vibe with initially and some of those I still don't, whereas here, there's really not any tracks that I outright don't like like that. If anything, there maybe be just a portion of a song or two that I don't care for (that brief singing after last verse on Summer On Smash), but it doesn't totally ruin the song for me. Both albums pushed more for a mellow vibe than previous works, even for a Nas album, with just brief moments of hype tracks, but this one seems like it nailed its intentions better with the vibe IMO and the beats sound fresher & better overall than there, whilst simultaneously having an old school feel too. They even sound and feel very cinematic sometimes too. If nothing else, I think this may be indisputably Nas' most musical sounding album.

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
Damn, this sh't finally leaked I can't believe it, sh'ts like waking up from the matrix :wow:

Downloading right now, I'll give me 2 cents after a day or two.. Gotta let this one breathe!

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
While I definitely thought Untitled was very cohesive (I think it was one of my praises when it first dropped too actually), I think this one got it here cuz of the lesser amount of weak tracks. Upon first listen, even then, with Untitled there was like 3-4 tracks that I didn't vibe with initially and some of those I still don't, whereas here, there's really not any tracks that I outright don't like like that. If anything, there maybe be just a portion of a song or two that I don't care for (that brief singing after last verse on Summer On Smash), but it doesn't totally ruin the song for me. Both albums pushed more for a mellow vibe than previous works, even for a Nas album, with just brief moments of hype tracks, but this one seems like it nailed its intentions better with the vibe IMO and the beats sound fresher & better overall than there, whilst simultaneously having an old school feel too. They even sound and feel very cinematic sometimes too. If nothing else, I think this may be indisputably Nas' most musical sounding album.

untitled was full of nas' bizarre political rants....i cant get into that, and i think overall combined with the album title gimmick...turned people off.

this new album seems to have more of an upbeat feel to it. a lot less dark

Nismo

Sophisticated a$$hole
Daps
Reppin
U.S
pm a lank please. been busy lately. i need this :sadcam:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Man I had a range of emotions while listening to this album 1st time through.

Early Tracks...:dj2::stylin: :lawd:
Damn, this nikka Nas really is the greatest.

Middle Tracks...:yeshrug::aicmon::scusthov:
Damn this nikka Nas stay making average ass, bland ass music.

Later Tracks...:manny::ld::ehh:
shyt is cool, but forgettable overall, just Nas being Nas I guess.

I'mma listen to it a bit more though to see if more of the tracks grow on me.