Official Nas Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I feel like if I was a Nas stan, I'd probably force myself to like his neutral tracks alot more. But since I'm pretty much a middle ground fan of dude, I love and appreciate his great tracks but don't have alot of need or patience for his average tracks. None of it is wack though:manny:

Every artist there's this though...

I agree though the beginning is what stands out...after the Mary J track is calms down a bit.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
only real standout weak track is summer on smash...sounds like a 2000 Drag On track that missed the cut with that hook

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is stay about any two people in particular ? Carmen?? Cormega ??? or is it just some ill sh!t he wrote ?

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
I feel like if I was a Nas stan, I'd probably force myself to like his neutral tracks alot more. But since I'm pretty much a middle ground fan of dude, I love and appreciate his great tracks but don't have alot of need or patience for his average tracks. None of it is wack though:manny:

No one is forcing anything, breh. People are giving their honest opinions just like you're doing. It just so happens that most people think the album is incredible.

Eli Porter

Rookie
Daps
I'm not feeling the female RnB singer hooks like on Reach Out and You Wouldn't Understand. And Summer On Smash is borderline :trash:

Apart from that it's a solid album. I still need to give it a few more spins though.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
is stay about any two people in particular ? Carmen?? Cormega ??? or is it just some ill sh!t he wrote ?

I don't think it's about Carmen. Well, is she with anyone famous currently?

I think just one of those married women he's stated before that he bangs. Ill ass track though. I'm loving it like an old McDonald's commercial.

Daps
I'm not feeling the female RnB singer hooks like on Reach Out and You Wouldn't Understand. And Summer On Smash is borderline :trash:

Apart from that it's a solid album. I still need to give it a few more spins though.

I feel like most of the features aren't really able to compete with him, so I end up skipping those tracks. I can only put together about 40 minutes of music of the commute though, so I can't listen to the full album in the mix at all times.

1. The Black Bond
2. Loco-Motive
3. A Queen's Story
4. Accident Murderers
5. Daughters
6. The Don (extended version with the intro)
7. Nasty
8. Back When
9. Roses
10. Stay
11. Where's the Love

I might stick "Bye Baby" on as well. "World's an Addiction" and "Cherry Wine" have too much space between the verses, but I like every track on this aside from "Reach Out" and "Summer On Smash".

:ahh:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

WHAT?? Usually I agree. But I really think the chick on You Wouldnt Understand did that song justice.. I love that song

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Outside of the sample being used to ad nauseum (hell, it's still a good beat anywayz, always has been and they add to it nicely), folks are tripping with not liking Reach Out. Some of his coldest lyrics are on that gem. I think Mary does her thing in a typical sense, not outstanding, but nothing worth complaining over and gets the job done, so....:manny:

4.5/5 track right there, easily.