Official Nas Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
All them nigs you named are dudes who like to try and go against the grain for the sake of going against the grain tho, lol…not Marci but the rest of them fake edgy ass…

It’s whatever tho, it’s Nas v Nas so idc either way, lol, that’s my fav ever so I’m Gucci…I’m just saying tho…Nas was flyer and cooler on IWW and all that but that ain’t my twist necessarily, musically Illmatic is much, much better, imo. If you genuinely feel like IWW is on par… or even better (which is insane to me 😆) I can dig it…but some of these cats just tired of Illlmatic and the acclaim at this point, I get it. Nas probably is too, lol.

And dont let the bootlegging stripping down the sales fool you, Illmatic was HUGE, pause. IWW may have introduced thun to the commercial world but hip hop/the hood already knew and loved him, he was the new and improved Ra. Illmatic still sold a lot first week….barring bootlegging shhit woulda been nuts
Nah bro I feel u. It's just alotta people feel that way. Number 1. Nas was peak rapping on IWW. I dont think there was a better emcee in the world at that time frame. Nas also was mad creative on that joint. He tried new shyt and for the most part everything worked. Me personally. I can just vibe out to IWW more. shyt remind me of nikkas riding around on Q45's and AC Legends n shyt. It's just one of them fly street albums and Nas was spitting his ass off. I dont mind if nikkas feel either one is better. I just NEVER fukked with the retroactive IWW disrespect and I feel that's his 2nd classic album. Illmatic was more groundbreaking on the hip hop scene. But IWW was everywhere. My boy in his mid 20s has IWW as the greatest hip hop album of all time.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this old?

2002- This is when Nas definitely was that dude. Momentum from Stillmatic, The Lost Tapes, God's Son. There was the features:He was killing remixes for Brandy, Jagged Edge, Alicia Keys, and J. Lo. There 's his vers on Scarface's "In Between Us", Ja Rule's "Pledge" remix which had people speculating of him signing to the Inc. I'm sure I'm forgetting songs.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yessir. In 96 it was Pac but if we speaking on NYC for sure.

I've always been curious about 1994 in NY. Seems like Nas was the guy early that year with Illmatic but by the time Biggie dropped that fall it was a wrap, I assume right? As in the hip hop heads revered Nas and had him #1 but the masses of the city were all over Ready To Die in September onwards.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I've always been curious about 1994 in NY. Seems like Nas was the guy early that year with Illmatic but by the time Biggie dropped that fall it was a wrap, I assume right? As in the hip hop heads revered Nas and had him #1 but the masses of the city were all over Ready To Die in September onwards.

Funny thing is Illmatic sold more and charted higher first week than Ready To Die but once them remixes dropped Biggie was outta there