Official Nas Thread

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
That Warriors album dropped today and I didnt even notice

First song has Nas, Ghostface, Cam, Chris Rivers, Rza, Busta and Sheenesa with Lin on it

Its very much a musical album and bit corny if Im being honest but Nas does his thing. They're on the first track so check it out.

Dope verse from Esco!

Low Key, dude has been killing his features this year. Album time now...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
We will get called old for it, but yeah, this was nothing like Nas vs Jay Z. This was prime Jay Z that Nas went at. There was no machine riding with Nas. Radio stations took sides and wouldn't play his records.
This Drake vs Kendrick shyt was like 70% corporate. nikkas need to cut this shyt out man. Lol. Mainstream media didn't even really give a fukk about Jay vs Nas outside of maybe MTV and BET. Which are music based networks.

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Did anyone peep the warriors album? Forgot it even dropped it’s been so quiet.

Going to run through it today

Edit: I heard enough :hubie:

Last edited:

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I heard the song with Nas and the song with Lauren

I feel like they should have released this alongside a theater version of the movie or a re-release of the movie
Yo i did the same thing. The Lauren song was pretty dope using the Cyrus speech but the song fell off at the end

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The responses are damn near overwhelmingly IWW. I never understood why Nas doesn't get into the IWW bag more. He should celebrate it just as much as Illmatic:manny:

IWW is nowhere near Illmatic, 😆, narratives don’t move me 🤷🏽‍♂️. Illmatic is too celebrated and heralded…even to Nas fans, so I get the psychology behind the 🧢…people like to be different for the sake of being different.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
IWW is nowhere near Illmatic, 😆, narratives don’t move me 🤷🏽‍♂️. Illmatic is too celebrated and heralded…even to Nas fans, so I get the psychology behind the 🧢…people like to be different for the sake of being different.

It is near, Nas was at his peak as a rapper on iww. But illmatic is so pure that it will remain his best album

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

The responses are damn near overwhelmingly IWW. I never understood why Nas doesn't get into the IWW bag more. He should celebrate it just as much as Illmatic:manny:

I tried to tell nikkas. When I speak to Nas fans and they automatically jump to Illmatic i either assume they old or they young and it's the cool thing to say. IWW has always been the most praised and listened Nas album I've seen in my real life before social media.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Disagree. Like I said before. IWW was the album that introduced most people to Nas. And it's the album I heard in the streets the most before social media. Nas' own daughter and brother feel this way. As well as G Rap. Alotta emcees prefer IWW as well. Such as Roc Marci, Royce, Lupe, Budden, etc etc.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disagree. Like I said before. IWW was the album that introduced most people to Nas. And it's the album I heard in the streets the most before social media. Nas' own daughter and brother feel this way. As well as G Rap. Alotta emcees prefer IWW as well. Such as Roc Marci, Royce, Lupe, Budden, etc etc.
All them nigs you named are dudes who like to try and go against the grain for the sake of going against the grain tho, lol…not Marci but the rest of them fake edgy ass…

It’s whatever tho, it’s Nas v Nas so idc either way, lol, that’s my fav ever so I’m Gucci…I’m just saying tho…Nas was flyer and cooler on IWW and all that but that ain’t my twist necessarily, musically Illmatic is much, much better, imo. If you genuinely feel like IWW is on par… or even better (which is insane to me 😆) I can dig it…but some of these cats just tired of Illlmatic and the acclaim at this point, I get it. Nas probably is too, lol.

And dont let the bootlegging stripping down the sales fool you, Illmatic was HUGE, pause. IWW may have introduced thun to the commercial world but hip hop/the hood already knew and loved him, he was the new and improved Ra. Illmatic still sold a lot first week….barring bootlegging shhit woulda been nuts

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: ADP