Official Nas Thread

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
I got KD3 and Magic 1 without hesitation

I got a another interesting question tho, I saw on reddit someone asking which is the Nas top 5 albums lyrically ? we're not talking about the beats, about the overall balance, just strictly about the pen

I'll go

1. It was written
2. Illmatic
3. The lost tapes
4. Stillmatic
5. KD3
IWW
Illmatic
LT1
Stillmatic
5th could be a number of albums I Am, Magic, LIG, KD3

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
IWW
Illmatic
LT1
Stillmatic
5th could be a number of albums I Am, Magic, LIG, KD3

I always thought while lig nas was great flow wise, lyrically he was much more interesting on untitled. On lig he was more stright to the point and adressing his marriage issues. The bonus tracks is where he returned to that deep introspective writing

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw a video where Kendrick showed up and showed love to nas at his birthday party along with big hit, hitboy, fat joe, fab, jadakiss, and of course jungle was in the building looking happy and excited like it was his birthday. That brother love is hard body…

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It Was Written is not even close to Illmatic, knock it off already man!!! Lol, I’m fukking around but for real tho, I don’t see how someone could ever say it’s better…and IWW is damn near classic itself. Illmatic is short…and Nas flows got more vast on IWW…I’ll give you them two things…but as a musical project Illmatic is pretty much rap perfection…IWW isn’t.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It Was Written is not even close to Illmatic, knock it off already man!!! Lol, I’m fukking around but for real tho, I don’t see how someone could ever say it’s better…and IWW is damn near classic itself. Illmatic is short…and Nas flows got more vast on IWW…I’ll give you them two things…but as a musical project Illmatic is pretty much rap perfection…IWW isn’t.

If you follow the whole thing the question was STRICTLY FROM A LYRICAL point of view, so that way it makes sense and is indeed debatable

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you follow the whole thing the question was STRICTLY FROM A LYRICAL point of view, so that way it makes sense and is indeed debatable
Oh okay, yeah, that’s more debatable…I just saw the random rankings and IWW being above Illmatic, lol

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Holy trinity for me is: Illmatic, IWW and Lost Tapes. I've had them all as my number 1 at points in my life.

From the Hit series, my current ranking would be:

KD3
MAGIC3
KD2
MAGIC
KD1
MAGIC 2

With a lot of love for all of them, MAGIC 2 grew on me like crazy (pause). It is the only album which has a song I just don't fukk with at all though, actually two even.

Earving Magic Johnson
That 21 Savage joint

Both do nothing for me, which is crazy because I can pull from each other song on any of the albums and find something I really like.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both rap perfection to me

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
G Rap even said Nas' raps were better on IWW. Not just flow wise either. Concepts. Versatility. Storytelling, the nikka improved objectively in almost every way. I can't argue musically because that's a matter of opinion but TO ME. They both dead even.