Official Nas Thread

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Regrets and D’evils are better than Shootouts…kinda clearly, imo of course . I could argue they’re better than Take it in Blood as well but I’m not doing that, 😆, Take it in Blood is too special. “Regrets” in a Top 10 rap song ever for me tho. D’Evils might be Top 50
Regrets isn't better than Shootouts lol

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Regrets and D’evils are better than Shootouts…kinda clearly, imo of course . I could argue they’re better than Take it in Blood as well but I’m not doing that, 😆, Take it in Blood is too special. “Regrets” in a Top 10 rap song ever for me tho. D’Evils might be Top 50

Definitely not better than Take it in the Blood.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Illmatic is 9 songs bro. Black Girl Lost is dope to me. Only miss on the album is Nas Is Coming and that's mainly cause of the hook.

The beat isn't good either. It's a bottom tier Dre beat.

I get that Illmatic is 9 songs but...What's Going On is 9 songs too. And both are perfect, not because of the song total but because each song is amazing. You agree there's a miss on IWW and to me that settles it lol. One is perfect, the other isn't. But I also think "best" is different than "favorite." What's Going On is Marvin Gaye's best album but Here, My Dear might be my favorite because of some of the different things he does on there. Kind Of Blue might be Miles Davis' best album but In A Silent Way is my favorite Miles album by far. Anyone who has IWW as their favorite Nas album is cool in my book! I get it, especially if the production or lyrical content or era appeals to you more. I'm just saying...Illmatic is clearly better lol.

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Although personally not the biggest fan of orchestra performances, really happy for the OG to get this kind of love where he can perform three days in a row in a time when tours are canceled for low sale tickets all the time

More power to him, he cant really be MORE of a GOAT at this point :salute:

It was amazing, don't wanna give too much away but after he finished up Illmatic, the curtains closed on the Orchestra and DJ Green Lantern, Guitar and live Drums stayed along with the back up singer and he went into a whole new set

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain

Can’t argue against it really, not my #1 but it’s in the mix.

I think new york state of mind is often quoted as nas' greatest track is because it's basically a sum up of what Nas is as an Mc. It got everything, the beat, the flow, the delivery, the multis, the storytelling, the poetry, the punchlines,the rakim nod, the theme. Even the intro is classic. My favorites track are memory lane and it ain't hard to tell on illmatic but ny state of mind the world is yours and Nas is like are probably his greatest tracks

Budda

Superstar
Daps
I think new york state of mind is often quoted as nas' greatest track is because it's basically a sum up of what Nas is as an Mc. It got everything, the beat, the flow, the delivery, the multis, the storytelling, the poetry, the punchlines,the rakim nod, the theme. Even the intro is classic. My favorites track are memory lane and it ain't hard to tell on illmatic but ny state of mind the world is yours and Nas is like are probably his greatest tracks

Memory lane is his greatest

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
eh

Where my people that think NY 2 is better? lol

but yeah, NYSOM is his staple track.