Official Nas Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
@spliz @JoelB @MikeStamina @HNIC973 @L. Deezy @Danie84 @Esco @Easy-E @IllmaticDelta

Its time to decide, here on the God’s 51st born day

WHICH album from KD series reigns supreme and WHICH album from the Magic series reigns supreme.

I’m dead stuck between KD2 and KD3 for the KD series. Even though KD3 has the better production and is a solo mission I think i personally like the more “grander” production on KD2 plus having Lauryn and Nas rapping together for the first time is such a highlight. Composure is also one of my favorite Nas songs of all time.

For the Magic series i’m going sometimes stuck between Magic 1 and Magic 3 although personally out the series Magic 2 is my favorite I can admit objectively that 1 and 3 are better. Magic 3 sort of gives me Kings Disease 3.5 vibes whereas Magic 1 really is the closest we’ll ever get to a full Nasty Nas album.

KD2
Magic 1 for me

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
@spliz @JoelB @MikeStamina @HNIC973 @L. Deezy @Danie84 @Esco @Easy-E @IllmaticDelta

WHICH album from KD series reigns supreme and WHICH album from the Magic series reigns supreme.

I’m dead stuck between KD2 and KD3 for the KD series. Even though KD3 has the better production and is a solo mission I think i personally like the more “grander” production on KD2 plus having Lauryn and Nas rapping together for the first time is such a highlight. Composure is also one of my favorite Nas songs of all time.

For the Magic series i’m going sometimes stuck between Magic 1 and Magic 3 although personally out the series Magic 2 is my favorite I can admit objectively that 1 and 3 are better. Magic 3 sort of gives me Kings Disease 3.5 vibes whereas Magic 1 really is the closest we’ll ever get to a full Nasty Nas album.

Lowkey; KD gets better as the series goes on.

KD3 is crazy; legit has some of Nas best work of his career.

Legit :myman: Thun (I love that Ether/Takeover bar):huhldup:Michael & Quincy

Hood2Hood - WTF SMH - Beef

The whole first half of the album hit super hard

Maybe it's a little too long; it's formated like a rap album from the mid 2000's

I like the first Magic, but, I love a few songs on Magic 2 (:beli: Tho 50 dissappointed me with his verse).

I might have listened to Magic 3 just once

I might have listened to this song 1,343 times. This my shyt!

Basically, none of the Magics better than the KD's...my favorite from the that run is KD1 and KD3 and the only one I don't rate that high are Magic 3

KD2 was okay; KD1 was dope

KD3
KD1
KD2

Esco

Rich & Black
Daps

KD 2 some days and KD 3 on others. I can choose just one ... and Magic 1 breh

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
I got KD3 and Magic 1 without hesitation

I got a another interesting question tho, I saw on reddit someone asking which is the Nas top 5 albums lyrically ? we're not talking about the beats, about the overall balance, just strictly about the pen

I'll go

1. It was written
2. Illmatic
3. The lost tapes
4. Stillmatic
5. KD3

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I got KD3 and Magic 1 without hesitation

I got a another interesting question tho, I saw on reddit someone asking witch is the Nas top 5 albums lyrically, we're not about the beats, about the overall balance, just strictly about the pen

I'll go

1. It was written
2. Illmatic
3. The lost tapes
4. Stillmatic
5. KD3

Foregoing beats and all that Streets Disciple is easily one of his top 5 most lyrical albums. He was spitting his ASS off on that joint

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
kD3 has arguments for top 3 nas album. maybe not the impact and influence like his top 2 but as a piece of musical work:whew:

Kd2 to me is better than magic because it varies more but Magic would be my pick in this little debate , then magic 3

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Happy birthday to the one and only Nas. I got KDIII, Magic, Magic 3, KDII, KD, Magic 2. Those first 4 I named especially are up there is his catalog. And at the same time, I swear KDII tho got some of the best songs out of the entire collab