Official Nas Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
@spliz @JoelB @MikeStamina @HNIC973 @L. Deezy @Danie84 @Esco @Easy-E @IllmaticDelta

Its time to decide, here on the God’s 51st born day

WHICH album from KD series reigns supreme and WHICH album from the Magic series reigns supreme.

I’m dead stuck between KD2 and KD3 for the KD series. Even though KD3 has the better production and is a solo mission I think i personally like the more “grander” production on KD2 plus having Lauryn and Nas rapping together for the first time is such a highlight. Composure is also one of my favorite Nas songs of all time.

For the Magic series i’m going sometimes stuck between Magic 1 and Magic 3 although personally out the series Magic 2 is my favorite I can admit objectively that 1 and 3 are better. Magic 3 sort of gives me Kings Disease 3.5 vibes whereas Magic 1 really is the closest we’ll ever get to a full Nasty Nas album.
KD3 and Magic 1. Best mix of rapping and production on both. KD2 is def the most grand album of them all.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I got KD3 and Magic 1 without hesitation

I got a another interesting question tho, I saw on reddit someone asking which is the Nas top 5 albums lyrically ? we're not talking about the beats, about the overall balance, just strictly about the pen

I'll go

1. It was written
2. Illmatic
3. The lost tapes
4. Stillmatic
5. KD3
1. IWW
2. Illmatic
3. Stillmatic
4. Lost Tapes
5. I Am

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I really struggle to pick between KD2 and KD3. For now I'll say KD2 edges it but I'll probably feel different tomorrow.

For the Magic series its definitely Magic1. 3 was dope too and 2 is my least favourite but had some highs along with a dope album cover.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
happy birthday to the goat!

i like all of the albums- but i would probably go kd 1 and magic 1. each series i thought he got better each album but i felt the initial albums of each series were the most easy and clean listens. not as many high and lows- just overall dope.

some songs on the later albums- i didn't like all of the beats. even though those later albums had higher peaks. nas really was rhyming his tail off on all these albums.

looking forward to see what premier cooks for him. nas will deliver lyrically i know for sure

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
wunyh7ckbuod1.png

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@spliz @JoelB @MikeStamina @HNIC973 @L. Deezy @Danie84 @Esco @Easy-E @IllmaticDelta

Its time to decide, here on the God’s 51st born day

WHICH album from KD series reigns supreme and WHICH album from the Magic series reigns supreme.

I’m dead stuck between KD2 and KD3 for the KD series. Even though KD3 has the better production and is a solo mission I think i personally like the more “grander” production on KD2 plus having Lauryn and Nas rapping together for the first time is such a highlight. Composure is also one of my favorite Nas songs of all time.

For the Magic series i’m going sometimes stuck between Magic 1 and Magic 3 although personally out the series Magic 2 is my favorite I can admit objectively that 1 and 3 are better. Magic 3 sort of gives me Kings Disease 3.5 vibes whereas Magic 1 really is the closest we’ll ever get to a full Nasty Nas album.
It Has to be KD3. They put every single thing together on that album. Nas is peak rapping too.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lowkey; KD gets better as the series goes on.

KD3 is crazy; legit has some of Nas best work of his career.

Legit :myman: Thun (I love that Ether/Takeover bar):huhldup:Michael & Quincy

Hood2Hood - WTF SMH - Beef

The whole first half of the album hit super hard

Maybe it's a little too long; it's formated like a rap album from the mid 2000's

I like the first Magic, but, I love a few songs on Magic 2 (:beli: Tho 50 dissappointed me with his verse).

I might have listened to Magic 3 just once

I might have listened to this song 1,343 times. This my shyt!

Basically, none of the Magics better than the KD's...my favorite from the that run is KD1 and KD3 and the only one I don't rate that high are Magic 3

KD2 was okay; KD1 was dope

KD3
KD1
KD2

Black Magic is an incredible song. Nas and Hit smoked that

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It Has to be KD3. They put every single thing together on that album. Nas is peak rapping too.

I can’t argue against KD3 at all I just absolutely love KD2. If someone were to ask me what the best artistic example of later stage Nas was i’d have them listen to either Life Is Good or KD2. I’d even argue that Nas and Hit put everything together on KD2 (features, production, sequencing) and KD3 is really just both of them flexing because they CAN.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can’t argue against KD3 at all I just absolutely love KD2. If someone were to ask me what the best artistic example of later stage Nas was i’d have them listen to either Life Is Good or KD2. I’d even argue that Nas and Hit put everything together on KD2 (features, production, sequencing) and KD3 is really just both of them flexing because they CAN.
I’m not mad at that. I love KD2. I actually agree with the features production. Features especially were perfectly planted to help with sales. I swear I still think they missed an opportunity adding Andre 3000 on Nobody. Fits all three of personalities.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I got KD3 and Magic 1 without hesitation

I got a another interesting question tho, I saw on reddit someone asking which is the Nas top 5 albums lyrically ? we're not talking about the beats, about the overall balance, just strictly about the pen

I'll go

1. It was written
2. Illmatic
3. The lost tapes
4. Stillmatic
5. KD3

IWW
Illmatic
Stillmatic
KD2
MAGIC