Official Nas Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Nobody gonna tell me that Dave East shyt ain't weird. Son wasn't on none or the KD or Magic albums and now he unfollowed him? It takes more effort to unfollow somebody than leave them there.
I didnt wanna keep it going.. but naw, dude gotta be feeling some type of way about something

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
The inner 16-18 year old me is excited for Clipse/Nas collabo. Back then, that was a dream collabo. As time passed, I didn't think it would happen. Now it is and its over a Neptunes/Pharrell production.

Nas never shy from a collab but I always thought that it was an anomaly that he rarely featured with the 'mid 2000's 2010's rapper'' the lupe kendrick drake cole pusha royce type ect. But he got like 3 or 4 tracks with rick ross

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nobody gonna tell me that Dave East shyt ain't weird. Son wasn't on none or the KD or Magic albums and now he unfollowed him? It takes more effort to unfollow somebody than leave them there.

I mean….who cares lol. Nas gave East an opportunity that literally changed his life. Didn’t press him to sign with Nas own label, he signed with Def Jam. He modeled. He got the lead in the Wu-Tang series that lasted three seasons. What the hell else is Nas supposed to do for him? Throw him on his albums if he doesn’t creatively feel like he fits?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

To be fair Nas didn't have many features on those albums. I didn't get the impression he wanted to collab with a lot of people with Hit Boy, he was very strategic about who he wanted.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
To be fair Nas didn't have many features on those albums. I didn't get the impression he wanted to collab with a lot of people with Hit Boy, he was very strategic about who he wanted.
Son had Durk, Big Sean, Don Tolliver, ASAP Ferg, ASAP Rocky, Fivio, Mario, Eminem, EPMD, 50 Cent, Wayne, etc etc. No Dave East. Across 6 albums. Meanwhile previous he was everywhere with East. shyts weird bruh.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I mean….who cares lol. Nas gave East an opportunity that literally changed his life. Didn’t press him to sign with Nas own label, he signed with Def Jam. He modeled. He got the lead in the Wu-Tang series that lasted three seasons. What the hell else is Nas supposed to do for him? Throw him on his albums if he doesn’t creatively feel like he fits?
I'm not saying Nas did anything wrong to him. I'm just wondering if something happened. We discuss everything Nas related in this thread. Why can't this be discussed?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm not saying Nas did anything wrong to him. I'm just wondering if something happened. We discuss everything Nas related in this thread. Why can't this be discussed?

I’m NOT saying we can’t discuss it i’m just saying that it don’t really seem like something there’s much context TO discuss. We always seem to think that because Nas ain’t do a song with so and so and don’t follow them or they on social media that there’s a problem but… East ain’t NEVER complained about Nas. Not ONCE. So what exactly would discuss regarding them two?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I’m NOT saying we can’t discuss it i’m just saying that it don’t really seem like something there’s much context TO discuss. We always seem to think that because Nas ain’t do a song with so and so and don’t follow them or they on social media that there’s a problem but… East ain’t NEVER complained about Nas. Not ONCE. So what exactly would discuss regarding them two?
I didn't say he unfollowed him because he didn't do a song. I said I noticed Nas hasn't done a song with him since 2019 and he also just unfollowed him. Meaning something could've happened behind the scenes we don't know about. It could be completely unrelated to music. Just speculation nothing serious.