Official Nas Thread

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Always cool watching the younger audience react to the classics. This young lady ain't even heard a Foxy Brown song before and still fukked with this.

Crazy looking back this song was hated by certain segments just because it had an NO Joe, G-Funk inspired beat. Even with A++ lyrics and flow.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Always cool watching the younger audience react to the classics. This young lady ain't even heard a Foxy Brown song before and still fukked with this.

Crazy looking back this song was hated by certain segments just because it had an NO Joe, G-Funk inspired beat. Even with A++ lyrics and flow.

Its crazy that this song caught hate. I liked this song from the first time I heard it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Along the same lines as the last post. These young brehs and brehettes so impressed with the God, just got to give him a chance :wow:

I was blown away by this one. Always felt like there was a Biggie vibe to it. Nas put the listener at every scene on this song.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is real. I always appreciated this moreso from Nas because I was experiencing it in real time…my whole Ra experience came from having to go back later since I was a baby when he was mashin…but yeah, the game is missing that. My two favorites ever..

I understand nigs don’t wanna hear all conscious, peace talk all day (I do but I know that’s not common…pun intended) but at least give them something to get them neurons firing besides just 100% sex, money, drugs and murder strictly.

Last edited:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Whats up with Dave East and Nas? Seems like they dont have a connection anymore?

I imagine their still good. I know it was a couple years ago but Nas shouted him out on 27 Summers. I think Nas does want his proteges to branch out and do their own thing eventually which East is doing. Actually East is one of the few Nas proteges who didn't end up talking slick about him.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whats up with Dave East and Nas? Seems like they dont have a connection anymore?
East shouted him out on his new album which is actually very good and being overlooked out here.. Basically just acknowledged Nas gave him his start.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I imagine their still good. I know it was a couple years ago but Nas shouted him out on 27 Summers. I think Nas does want his proteges to branch out and do their own thing eventually which East is doing. Actually East is one of the few Nas proteges who didn't end up talking slick about him.

Yea seems like it's still all love. Always liked how Nas was in Dave's corner and kind of ushered him to Def Jam with no ill will. I wasn't a fan of Dave's Def Jam albums but I respect him. He could have been bigger if labels were still labels. A good A&R could have worked wonders for him.