Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Far as LT2, yeah it got a good number of good songs. But not many great ones, and ain't cohesive at all. Vernon Family is dope but it sound like something recorded around HHID era, you got other stuff that sound like it was recorded around 2015, Queens Wolf is a funny concept but needed another verse. It really feel like a collection of B-sides and throwaways recorded over 10 years.

Whereas LT1 was recorded 1998-2001 for the lost classic "real" I Am, and Stillmatic. So it sound focused and cohesive and it was Nas in his prime. They almost should have called it Death of Escobar like the title floating around in 2000 and thrown a few more of the unreleased tracks on like Rise and Fall and Amongst Kings on there. But it's near perfect as is.

Vernon Family IS from the Hip Hop Is Dead era. LT2 is a collection of songs from the Def Jam years (06-12) so its a longer period of time and more albums than the time between I am and Stillmatic.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Take out Who Are You and add Vernon Family and we got a classic.

I love Vernon family youtube version. Who are you too. Never liked you mean the world to me, the voice sample is overshadowing the verses.
My favorite is war against love.
Beautiful life would have been great if nipsey didn't already used the sample and bye baby was a better closer I thought

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

Pretty sure this song made me put Nas over Pac. That shyt hit me hard and at a crucial time in my life.

Might've been the Gods Son album, but that run of Stillmatic-Lost Tapes-Gods Son is what made him GOATed to me. And Pac a GOAT too, but Nas is the #1.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Far as LT2, yeah it got a good number of good songs. But not many great ones, and ain't cohesive at all. Vernon Family is dope but it sound like something recorded around HHID era, you got other stuff that sound like it was recorded around 2015, Queens Wolf is a funny concept but needed another verse. It really feel like a collection of B-sides and throwaways recorded over 10 years.

Whereas LT1 was recorded 1998-2001 for the lost classic "real" I Am, and Stillmatic. So it sound focused and cohesive and it was Nas in his prime. They almost should have called it Death of Escobar like the title floating around in 2000 and thrown a few more of the unreleased tracks on like Rise and Fall and Amongst Kings on there. But it's near perfect as is.
Definitely understand this LT2 sounds more true lost tapes than the original does. More of a testament how incredible the LT is.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
0f9727f220b0c8eec068218841d07ccb.jpg

left his element dropped this. An artist in the truest sense :wow:

Last edited: