Official Narcos Mexico Season 2 Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^ after reading @BK360NATL posts I’m gonna have to read some books or find some documentaries to watch cuz it seems like narcos is telling pieces of the stories and blending them together to save time...still provides me w/ a good fix but I need more...drug pun not intended

Last edited:

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^^ after reading @BK360NATL posts I’m gonna have to read some books or find some documentaries to watch cuz it seems like narcos is telling pieces of the stories and blending them together to save time...still provides me w/ a good fix but I need more...drug pun not intended

Narcos is entertaining, but they take liberties with the real stories and distort people's perceptions of what really happened. It's lazy or rushed writing. The real stories about Pablo, Cali and Mexico are wayyyy more interesting than Narcos has shown so far. I'm hoping that they don't botch the next 2 seasons like Game of Thrones season 8.

On Netflix, Gomorrah (Italian mafia series) is that straight-to-the-vein stuff. Very dark and nothing redeeming about pretty much any of the characters. There are no heroes and villains. It's mafia life. If you haven't caught it yet, the 1st two seasons are on Netflix. Seasons 3 & 4 got caught up in the Harvey Weinstein mess and no idea who now has the distribution rights, but they are online. Season 5 may come out later this year.

Later this week on Amazon Video, ZeroZeroZero comes out in the USA. Same writers as Gomorrah. Highly recommended look at the drug game, from buyers (Italians) to sellers (Mexicans) to middlemen (Americans).

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
edit: no need to post my thoughts and take away from people's enjoyment, if this is what they want to be entertained by.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Narcos is entertaining, but they take liberties with the real stories and distort people's perceptions of what really happened. It's lazy or rushed writing. The real stories about Pablo, Cali and Mexico are wayyyy more interesting than Narcos has shown so far. I'm hoping that they don't botch the next 2 seasons like Game of Thrones season 8.

On Netflix, Gomorrah (Italian mafia series) is that straight-to-the-vein stuff. Very dark and nothing redeeming about pretty much any of the characters. There are no heroes and villains. It's mafia life. If you haven't caught it yet, the 1st two seasons are on Netflix. Seasons 3 & 4 got caught up in the Harvey Weinstein mess and no idea who now has the distribution rights, but they are online. Season 5 may come out later this year.

Later this week on Amazon Video, ZeroZeroZero comes out in the USA. Same writers as Gomorrah. Highly recommended look at the drug game, from buyers (Italians) to sellers (Mexicans) to middlemen (Americans).

This...Gomorrah & ZeroZeroZero make Narcos look like a cartoon.

Daps
Reppin
Chi

You should read ZeroZeroZero, it outlines a lot of the Latin America scene as well as the Italian side along with the int'l brokers that make it all come together. Very in depth and vivid writing.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Its a gotdamn shame Wagner didn't win all the awards. Breh was Pablo. Going to have to go back and watch dem Pablo eps 1 day. Classic shyt.

Its crazy how these dudes get got, then some new dude is there to fill the void. Like El Mencho when Chapo went down. Its like the cia or someone just decides who gonna be the top dawg or something.
Have you watched the Chapo series? If Chapo doesn’t get bold, he might still be a free man :yeshrug:

grazazaza

Ruff Draft
Daps
Narcoland by Anabel Hernandez is a great read, it goes through the whole timeline of drugs in Mexico from early beginnings to the "war on drugs" era. It also details and breaks down the major players in the drug biz like the corrupted officials in the Mexican gov to the ones in the Cartels

I've been wanting to read her new book "The traitor" which is based on a secret diary that "El Mayos" son Vincentillo wrote while in US prison awaiting trial. It contains vivid details from all the shyt he's seen as the son of the most powerful Narco in Mexico

The story just sounds crazy :wow:

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps

It's obfuscated on purpose.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Not finished yet but it's def a slow burn and def not engaging as previous seasons. What needed to be said has already been said on the Quavo ish, but at least it was brief.

And the actor who plays Felix may be good at what he does but they have him play breh like a herb. Like, I never get the sense that THIS is the guy at the head of this revolutionary cartel that kicked all of this shyt off once they started splitting off. Sum'n just seem off wit how they wanna portray him for whatever reason.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Felix is right:yeshrug::yeshrug: Mexico would be better with him on top:francis: look at the mess after his downfall:picard::picard:
I wonder will Mexico ever recover :picard:

A lotta of this shyt could have been mitigated if these mf's had somebody like Avon to walk in the room to tell every single one of dese nikkas to stop playin dem away games :pachaha:

Idris-Elba-as-Stringer-Be-002.jpg