Official Narcos Mexico Season 2 Thread

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Y’all gotta look at these two seasons as a prologue. The real fun is about to begin. And Enedina is the one running shyt in Tijuana now.
Pretty much. Mexico is still in the midst of a blood drug war and this season explains the origins of it. Next season is gonna be bananas. We will see real bloodshed and more political corruption fukkery. It’s going to get even more crazier when Los Zetas enter the picture.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Can someone give me a good breakdown of Felix in real life? Maybe @BK360NATL , you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about this. @Tony D'Amato you have any insight?

I enjoyed this season but I was still frustrated throughout because I just couldn't wrap my head around Felix being able to control all these cartels. Was he dropping bodies like crazy in real life? The portrayal in this show made him out to be soft, imo. Dude was always looking nervous or concerned yet nobody tried him except Juan (was that even real?). He snaked everyone but they still kept taking orders? :what: It just doesn't add up to me so what really happened? He was basically openly winging everything in this show and telling the other leaders to deal with it.

It also drove me nuts that the actor had a goatee the entire time when the real life Felix didn't have one. How the fukk can you allow something so egregiously wrong?

Last edited:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Can someone give me a good breakdown of Felix in real life? Maybe @BK360NATL , you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about this. @Tony D'Amato you have any insight?

I enjoyed this season but I was still frustrated throughout because I just couldn't wrap my head around Felix being able to control all these cartels. Was he dropping bodies like crazy in real life? The portrayal in this show made him out to be soft, imo. Dude was always looking nervous or concerned yet nobody tried him except Juan (was that even real?). He snaked everyone but they still kept taking orders? :what: It just doesn't add up to me so what really happened? He was basically openly winging everything in this show and telling the other leaders to deal with it.

It also drove me nuts that the actor had a goatee the entire time when the real life Felix didn't have one. How the fukk can you allow something so egregiously wrong?
The writing in this doesn't match the real felix. He seemed to be the 1st trafficker that had the vision to bring everyone together. So the others basically allowed him to lead. Plus a lot of these dudes were related. Felix was from Sinaloa. But he was also the uncle to the TJ cartel leaders he had the most political connects. Apparently the meeting where he splits the territories at the end of season 1 happens before he's taken down. By all accounts he was still powerful and ran things while locked up till he was transferred to a maximum security prison in mexico. My guess is since he had the vision, the others believed in him and was willing to be led by him. But they all seemed to run their respective organizations as they saw fit. Felix wasn't just bossing all of them around.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The writing in this doesn't match the real felix. He seemed to be the 1st trafficker that had the vision to bring everyone together. So the others basically allowed him to lead. Plus a lot of these dudes were related. Felix was from Sinaloa. But he was also the uncle to the TJ cartel leaders he had the most political connects. Apparently the meeting where he splits the territories at the end of season 1 happens before he's taken down. By all accounts he was still powerful and ran things while locked up till he was transferred to a maximum security prison in mexico. My guess is since he had the vision, the others believed in him and was willing to be led by him. But they all seemed to run their respective organizations as they saw fit. Felix wasn't just bossing all of them around.
That shyt with the Colombians not paying hundreds of millions out can't be true, right? It's hard for me to believe the Mexican cartels would be OK with IOUs for the shyt they were doing.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
:francis:

Felix spent the entire season scrambling to keep shyt in order, then when things finally calm down he bites off more than he can chew.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I cant believe Felix wasnt smashing that

wasn’t she a known prostitute back in sinola (sp?) before they really started raking in drug $$$?

on top of that why risk business w/ pleasure?

some dudes have morals man :yeshrug:

fortunately I’m not one of them lmao

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
That shyt with the Colombians not paying hundreds of millions out can't be true, right? It's hard for me to believe the Mexican cartels would be OK with IOUs for the shyt they were doing.
It seems like Felix had a deal where he would take coke to sell. This season made it seem like they were all against that. But by all accounts that was part of the original agreement. They would get 50% cash and 50% product.

This season also left out that Felix was moving Escobar's Coke on top of Cali. They made it seem like Pacho on Cali was calling the shots. The Ochoas and Escobar (Medellin Cartel) were the power in the 80s.

Also, Palma's wife and kids was not Felix. I didn't like how they did that. And ole boy was not killed in a shoe store. :mjlol:

When they use real names, they should make the story as close to real life as possible imo.

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
wasn’t she a known prostitute back in sinola (sp?) before they really started raking in drug $$$?

:lolbron:

I respected the hell outta Felix for turning her down the night Pablo pulled up cuz I woulda been like :mjlit::shaq::steviej:

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Known prostitute??? Nah.

Sandra Ávila Beltrán's family had been in the drug game (weed, opium, heroin, etc.) for decades. Both sides of her family. They weren't Narco's late 1980s to present-day wealthy, but they surely weren't poor or desperate to where they've have a close family member being a prostitute. That ain't how Mexicans (or Latinos) got down in the 1970s-1980s. They had business connections to the Colombians for many years prior to the coke connect. She was also Felix' niece and also Rafa's family. She wasn't trying to get her older uncle to smash her and none of that crap. Now the Colombians, more than likely things happened. I believe she was married to a couple of Colombian dudes in the game.

This is just from Wikipedia, but gives you an idea of how off-script from the reality, the Narcos' storyline goes.

"Ávila Beltrán was born in Baja California, Mexico, the daughter of María Luisa Beltrán Félix and Alfonso Ávila Quintero, a family member of Rafael Caro Quintero, the former leader of the Guadalajara Cartel.[6] Family connections have played a major role in her criminal career, having kinship with the Beltrán-Leyva Brothers,[7] then top heads of the Sinaloa cartel "federation." Ávila Beltrán was in fact a "third-generation" drug trafficker in her family.[8] Officials in Mexico say Ávila Beltrán is the niece of Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo,[9] the onetime godfather of the Mexican drug trade who is serving a 40-year sentence for the 1984 murder of Enrique Camarena, a U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) special agent. Her great uncle Juan José Quintero Payán was extradited to the United States on drug trafficking charges. On her mother's side, the Beltráns got involved in heroin smuggling in the 1970s and later diversified into cocaine. DEA officials state that Ávila Beltrán never shrank from employing the violence that comes with the turf and that "she used the typical intimidation tactics of Mexican organizations."

As the other breh said, the Narcos' writing doesn't match reality. I'll go further in saying that they've butchered a lot of the story already and have taken way too many liberties for the sake of cheap Hollywood storylines.

Here's an article from The Guardian on her. See if it matches anything related to how they've portrayed this character in Narcos.

Queen of Cartels: most famous female leader of Mexico's underworld speaks out

"Ávila was born into narco royalty. As a child, she lived in opulence. She was offered private tuition, piano and dance lessons and frequent trips to SeaWorld and Disneyland. Her father, Alfonso Ávila Quintero, is related to the founder of the Guadalajara cartel. Her family’s lifestyle also included piles of money. She spent so many hours counting cash as a child that she could later swipe a clutch of bills and – just like a cocktail party trick – precisely calculate their value.

Around the age of 13, she witnessed her first shootout. “People walked the streets with pistols at the waist with musicians walking and playing behind them,” she said. “At dawn you heard the music, the shootouts, it was when they killed the people.”

While her childhood friends soon rose to become leaders of the Sinaloa cartel, young Sandra explored other routes, taking her verve and enrolling in journalism classes as a feisty 17 year old. But three years into communication studies at the Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara, a jealous boyfriend kidnapped her. He was a powerful young man closely tied to the cartels. Within months she had left town, ending her hopes of a career as an investigative reporter.

Instead, Sandra Ávila entered the drug underworld. It didn’t hurt that she was a raucous car driver, a master horseback rider, and a fabled sharpshooter. She also, she said, made the best of her flirting skills.

“I remember a suitor who bought me a pickup truck and left it at my friend’s house with flowers and a note,” she said. “The note said, ‘spend the money on a trip that you want’ and there was an envelope.” It held $100,000. By the age of 21 (year 1981), she was privately meeting with the drug lord Amado Carrillo Fuentes, also known as El Señor de los Cielos (Lord of the Skies).

Her life became full-time cartel. An astute learner, she rose fast through the ranks and was coveted by men every step of the way.

However, Ávila made a point to never use cocaine herself. “If you do it, the men think you are just another disposable woman, you won’t be respected,” she said...."

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^ my dude I’m not gonna read all of that right now...I’m talking strictly about the show not her real life counterpart...if I’m wrong regarding the show then cool...I will stand corrected

Known prostitute??? Nah.

Sandra Ávila Beltrán's family...

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Of course it didn't happen that way. I'm sure there were losses along the way, and both sides assumed the liabilities and risks, but hundreds of millions of dollars???? The 20 ton seizure in California did occur, but since Mexico had delivered it to the USA, I'm pretty sure it was the Colombians' responsibility by then.

Remember one fact as this story played out. The USA had largely shut down some of the Caribbean distrib ports to Colombian coke in the mid to late 80s. The risks were much higher of seizures that way. Mexico offered a much more favorable distribution partner. They needed access to those Mexican routes to get their product into the USA. Mexico also offered the opportunity to move much larger quantities of the product to the USA and Canada. The Colombians, Medellin and Cali, needed the Mexican partnership.

The 50/50 split made sense for both sides from a business standpoint, and I'm sure that's how the original deal was. Mexicans in the 1970s and 1980s, as they do in present times, greatly outnumber Colombians in the USA. They had the street resources to sell the product as well.

If you understand that context, Colombians weren't punking Felix or Mexico. Nor was Felix, the mastermind who pulled most of the plazas together across the entire country except the Gulf, gonna be punked by Colombians. It's a Narcos' Hollywood fantasy.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Can’t wait to see the Arellano Felix Family vs Sinalona drug cartel. The Arellano family is interesting. I’m listening to a narco book written by a British journalist who was in Mexico back in the 90s, 2000s into the 2010s and this day. Benjamin’s character is similar to Micheal Corleone. Cold and calculated and level headed. Ramon is like Sonny hot headed very brutal and is not afraid to get his hands dirty in the field. Fransico is like Fredo. Weak in business and a major womanizer. Their story next season is gonna be lit. I’m not gonna spoil anything but the 90s in Mexico is gonna bloody. But when the 2000s come.....that’s when Narcos is gonna be crazy. I feel next season will revolve around 1989-1996 during the Salininas Administration. Let’s just say the older brother of the president is gonna have a major role next season. Very major. Also the dude from Logan Heights that Francisco brought to TJ is gonna have another major role.
One theme at that time is that it’s not like it is today. In those days cartels respected the military and police. The 90s will show the seeds when that turned around where you see today it’s normal for Cartels to ambush
and kill Mexican police and military.