Official Mortal Kombat Thread

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
im convinced yall didnt actually watch this movie and just clips on youtube or something

1. plot was non existent. Was it to train? Not die? What exactly?

To train, for the 10th tournament, that Shang Tsung tried to rig and kill the competition early to take over Earth so then the plot became to survive and then hunt them before they could get hunted :dahell:

that’s the point. How long they did actually train for 3 minutes? There’s no pay off and they didn’t even “hunt” them raiden just teleported each fighter to an enemy. So the “hunt” part of the plot took 30 seconds and the training part took 3 minute and you see nothing wrong with this?

4. scorpion was way too nice, he’s not fighting side by side with no one in that manner. He would’ve fought Cole just for getting in his way

Cole is his great grand son from centuries of heritage :dahell: and the last of his blood line, Mortal Kombat has evolved story wise since you probably think of Mortal Kombat (1-3). Scorpion in that arch was like 5000 years old and the heel/evil, the new scorpion is like 50 years old, and the face /hero now, for like the past decade.

Again youre proving my point, and confirming how bad the writing is. As the audience you know cole is part of scorpions ancestry, but how did scorpion know? He just shows up and magically knows this? Scorpion would’ve verbatim said, “you move. He is mine” to cole since he has no idea who he could be at that point. Scorpion would be damn if he allowed someone else to kill sub zero infront of him. He’s been waiting for this for thousands of years been to hell and back literally. Bi-Han killed his family in the 1600s so how would scorpion be 50 in this? Keep in my mind this is the beginning stages of everything so my perspective on how I’m viewing scorpion is correct. At this particular point he don’t give a fukk about earth realm his mission is to simply avenge his family by killing sub zero. If this was sub zeros brother and he was fighting side by side with Raiden, scorpion would’ve killed all of them just to get to sub zero. Do you not believe that?

8. Scorpion should’ve been wayyyyy more angry, where’s his skull head?

Not a fukking chance in hell you watched the movie, when he was killing Sub Zero his face literally turned to a skull animation

And it was done horrible, that charred look they were going for looked bad. Just give him his flaming skull head...

see my answers in color :unimpressed:

Last edited:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I swore he was Lui Kang then when Lui showed up I was ok he’s Kung Lao. Then Kung Lao
showed up and I was like :dwillhuh: Who is this nikka?

:russ::russ:

Cole Young was totally unnecessary.

But the guy who played Shang Tsung is what really almost ruined it for me. That's Lau from "The Dark Knight" and that's ALL I saw everytime he was on the screen. Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa made it to where NOBODY will ever be able to play that role as well ever again, ESPECIALLY not THIS guy. TOTALLY unconvincing as Shang Tsung.

Sub-Zero is that dude, and both Joe Taslim and Hiroyuki Sanada are GOAT-tier.

I personally thought Kano was annoying.

Wife and I enjoyed it for what it was. Scorpion needed WAY more screen time, IMO.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
The funny part about people bringing up Kano... is he essentially had the "Johnny Cage" role from the OG flick :mjlol:

The "a$$hole quipping white guy who pisses off Sonya"
Only one of them got in them draws
tumblr_nuj71fqhZF1qb5qxmo1_500.gif